Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I noticed that the screen of my Touchpad was not down flush into the bezel like all the other TouchPad I've seen, so I called the service number I found in the box. The lady told me that my device could not be fixed, and that if I wanted a replacement device I would have to send my Touchpad in, and that I would need to pay a core charge of $350 until my device arrived. Then $300 of that would be returned, but that there was a fee of $50 for the exchange. It did not seem like she understood that the glass was coming up out of the bezel, nor did she want to discuss the meaning of what a warranty is. Are you kidding me? I was so furious that I just hung up.

I then called the number for customer service that I found on HP's website. They were awesome. The woman was courteous, and understood that the problem was a manufacturing error, and not something that I did. She said that I should take off my screen cover, because I may not get the same device back that I send in, and I told her that if they didn't have another 16gb in stock, I wouldn't mind a 32 or 64. She laughed, and put it in her notes! I don't expect to receive anything more than what I send in, but just getting to talk to someone with a brain after having to deal with the first lady was refreshing.

Just wanted to let you all know, don't call the webOS specific hotline, just call normal HP Customer Service.
    Yeah their salespersons were really nice when I talked to them. They seem like down to earth people. When hell broke loose last weekend they said they were actually happy because a lot of them got paid overtime. I always appreciate good CS and HP seems to have it.