1.    #1  
    Installed preware on the touchpad ok, and i installed the five or so patches that folks have been recommending to speed it up. They seem to install OK, then I do a Luna restart, and when I go back into preware, they don't show as being installed. I uninstalled preware and re-installed. Same thing. Heeeelp!

I am running Ubuntu 10.04. Had some Java issues but got through them and got the novacom file installed.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by robert bjorkman View Post
    Installed preware on the touchpad ok, and i installed the five or so patches that folks have been recommending to speed it up. They seem to install OK, then I do a Luna restart, and when I go back into preware, they don't show as being installed. I uninstalled preware and re-installed. Same thing. Heeeelp!

I am running Ubuntu 10.04. Had some Java issues but got through them and got the novacom file installed.
    Incidentally, i did overclock with uberkernal to 1.5. So it installed ok. I have all the preware apps, just that when I install, when i say i'll do a luna restart later, then back arrow out, the app disappears off the available list. But when I finally do a restart, and go back in, the app that I thought I installed is available again. What's up with that???
    I believe you were supposed to do a full restart (hold the power button, then do 'device restart'... It will take about 60 seconds to do so, so don't be alarmed)

thats what I did and it all worked perfectly
    Tablet PC: HP 2730p [all the goodies: 2 slice batteries, slim dock, Intel X18-m 160GB, 8GB ram, ect...] | Toshiba Tecra M4 [Crucial M4 64GB SSD, 2GB ram, ect...]
    entertainment tablet: HP touchpad 32GB -sold it, it just doesn't cut the mustard-
    TO answer your question.

Install the addons through the Webosquickinstaller program you downloaded on your desktop.

Dont install them through the preware program on your touchpad
    Last edited by Gyro; 08/27/2011 at 11:41 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Ya, I tried it that way too. Still didn't work.
    I had the same problem. I just reinstalled all the preware's patches and applications. Then I restarted my TouchPad (not a luna one) and it turned out okay. All my pztches and applications installed showed on preware.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks Gyro. It works!