Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    I've tried "keepyoutube" and other youtube online download methods but they all don't work since the Touchpad Browser doesn't fully support Java...

Grabber5.0, you are our only hope right now :S
    exactly :P
    any update?
    Have been too busy this week working on my shower. I've decided I don't like hanging drywall anymore! Next time I'll not put off re-caulking.

Anyway, I was reading through the app patching thread this morning, and I think I finally know how to proceed. I will work on it tonight, and probably put it in that thread and link to it. My work is primarily about patching the phone app to work on the Touchpad. The fact that a separate patch exists to enable downloading is secondary.
    Excellent, appreciate the update.
    thank you
    awesome thanks man
    It looks like I actually did make some progress, so I think I should be able to have the patches ready in the next few days. I have to do another full compare between the original app and my modified app so I don't miss any files, and do lots of testing of the patches.

There has to be an easier way to create patches though. I consider myself a pretty smart guy, but this is flat out confusing. I had some trouble installing the first try or two -- the patch errors make almost no sense to me. Finally this morning I removed the existing patches to the youtube app and was able to successfully install my test patch containing patches to two of the files onto my Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It looks like I actually did make some progress, so I think I should be able to have the patches ready in the next few days. I have to do another full compare between the original app and my modified app so I don't miss any files, and do lots of testing of the patches.

There has to be an easier way to create patches though. I consider myself a pretty smart guy, but this is flat out confusing. I had some trouble installing the first try or two -- the patch errors make almost no sense to me. Finally this morning I removed the existing patches to the youtube app and was able to successfully install my test patch containing patches to two of the files onto my Pre Plus.
    awesome thanks : )
    any updates grabber? haha i really want this! :P
    The patches are done, I just have been making sure I had everything covered. The only thing I am not sure about is how to best handle the images that need to be updated to make the app look better on the Touchpad. Not sure it is okay to distribute the modified graphics -- it might be best to create new ones from scratch. The app still works fine, but the background images have to be stretched. I'm going to upload the patches to the forum today. *Remember, you have to patch the app on your phone before extracting it to put on your Touchpad. Has anyone gone through those steps just for the practice? See the Touchpad HD Patches thread for details on how to do that -- http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3055353

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/11/2011 at 03:15 PM.
    uh oh i dont have a webOS phone though...any workarounds!?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    +1
    +2
  15. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    +3
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
    vid2mp4.net works very well on touchpad
    slamdunksaliby likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoyler30589 View Post
    vid2mp4.net works very well on touchpad
    it downloads but doesnt play haha
    update it does work u just cant have a symbol in the name
    thanks man problem solved 4 now
    Last edited by slamdunksaliby; 09/12/2011 at 11:29 AM.
    buy a webos phone? :P
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The patches are done, I just have been making sure I had everything covered. The only thing I am not sure about is how to best handle the images that need to be updated to make the app look better on the Touchpad. Not sure it is okay to distribute the modified graphics -- it might be best to create new ones from scratch. The app still works fine, but the background images have to be stretched. I'm going to upload the patches to the forum today. *Remember, you have to patch the app on your phone before extracting it to put on your Touchpad. Has anyone gone through those steps just for the practice? See the Touchpad HD Patches thread for details on how to do that -- http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3055353

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    So, you have to install Internalz Pro and go where to copy the YouTube app?
    brum likes this.
    Grabber where is the youtube app on the pre.. I cant find it ive gone through all the apps and com.palm.youtube etc isnt there...

Edit: nvm found it usr/palm/applications, called com.palm.app.youtube
    Last edited by geeksquadkid; 09/12/2011 at 12:43 PM.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast