1.    #1  
    I saw a couple of people post with similar issues, but none seemed to help me.

I got my TouchPad yesterday. Today I updated the OS and had to use the webOS doctor and stuff.

I then followed this guide: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

As in, I installed preware and nearly all of his listed patches.

I then started messing with the Orb stuff, when I realized that my TP wasn't charging.

At this point I noticed that my computer wasn't recognizing the TP - not charging, not making the USB device add/remove sound, not allowing me to put into USB mode, etc ...

I unplugged and replugged and found that windows isn't picking it up. I tried different USB ports, and tried restarting both devices - no luck. If I plug the same USB cable into the wall charger, it works.

I tried uninstalling some of the preware things, assuming it got messed up in that process. No luck.

I thought I'd try the webOS doctor, but it's saying the device isn't connected. In webOS Quick Install it says the same thing and prompts me to reinstall the Novacom driver.

I'm open to suggestions. I read a post about putting it in recovery mode, which I don't want to do, but it seems I may be out of luck.

Edit: oh cool. I put it in recovery mode and nothing happens. I plugged into my pc - nothing. Opened webOS doctor - nothing. Now to try a different computer.
    Last edited by j-mar; 08/26/2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: update.
    It isn't registering as charging because you have it plugged into your computer. It will sloooowwwwly trickle-charge that way, but to have it charge correctly it has to be plugged into an outlet. This is normal as the device requires a 2 amp charger and the computer port only puts out 1 amp.
  3.    #3  
    Perhaps I phrased myself wrong. I couldn't put it in USB mode or anything. My computer wasn't recognizing it at all. I'll update the OP to reflect the distinction.
    Ahhh... I'm mobile so I'll let someone else walk you thru the steps.. There is a solution as others have encountered this before.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Ahhh... I'm mobile so I'll let someone else walk you thru the steps.. There is a solution as others have encountered this before.
    Well right now it's stuck in recovery mode, and I'm trying it on a different computer.

My computer is Windows 7 64bit (fresh install this week), and I'm trying with my netbook which has Windows 7 32bit.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    It probably is a novacom issue. Search novacom on your pc and remove it completely. Then reinstall novacom. Restart your pc then, connect your device and see if that fixes the issue.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v1-2-1-a.html

I don't know if this link will work. I'm on my touchpad at work. Its Jay's novacom installer, from Canuck-coding.
  8.    #8  
    Well, on the other computer I ran webOS doctor, and then on my first computer, using the installer link above, I was able to get webOS Quick Install to work. Now to reinstall all that preware again ...
    Today my TouchPad woud not be recognized by my Windows 7 machine. I ran QuickInstall, reinstalled Novacom, unplugged the TP and plugged it back in. All is well...
    Hi,
    I have same problem with my Touchpad and Pre with one PC running WindowsXP. It used to be OK, Now only Veer is recognized. I made it work once by using Windows recovery mode. Now the date it worked was erased. I could not make it work again.

I suspected it is some driver or registry issue since all 3 could be recognized with other PC running same WindowsXP. Installed "Driver Boost" ($29.97) to see if updating drivers could help. Unfortunately it did not.

I am posting this so that you do not waste money for purchasing this software.