Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I need to replace the USB connector board because the port is broken and my unit won't charge.

Installing HP TouchPad USB Connector Board - Page 4 - iFixit

Anyone know where I can get this part?
    HP warranty repair. If this item was purchased legitly, contact HP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The TouchPads were just recently released so you have a one year warranty with HP. Why are you trying to repair it yourself?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    HP warranty repair. If this item was purchased legitly, contact HP.
    I did and they don't sell them because the TP is not "user serviceable"

I'm looking for another site that could possibly have them.

Quote Originally Posted by burningrave101 View Post
    The TouchPads were just recently released so you have a one year warranty with HP. Why are you trying to repair it yourself?
    I don't know if they're gonna charge me or not, since it isn't a "manufacturer defect" and the turn around time is like two weeks.
    How about just using a Touchstone?
    better not be my stolen TP
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Shifty and 74sickness like this.
    how about sending the touchpad to HP for repair? That's the only shot you have.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    How about just using a Touchstone?
    Nice. Didn't know that it charged it "wirelessly"

But what about data transfer from the TP to a computer?

BMW E46 | Brembo | Technik | HRE | Toyo | Meguiar's | AC Schnitzer | Alpine | Alumapro | H&R| Porsche | ASA | MOMO | Rogue Engineering | Rennsport | Hamann | Supersprint
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    better not be my stolen TP
    It is! Sorry! Can I still keep it?

BMW E46 | Brembo | Technik | HRE | Toyo | Meguiar's | AC Schnitzer | Alpine | Alumapro | H&R| Porsche | ASA | MOMO | Rogue Engineering | Rennsport | Hamann | Supersprint
    74sickness likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    how about sending the touchpad to HP for repair? That's the only shot you have.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It just sucks because I've only had it for two days and my 3 year old son carelessly dropped it onto the counter, like 6 inches, and bent the cable and port.

I just installed Ubuntu on it last night and was hoping to play with it.

Ah well. I'm still waiting for my RMA email from HP so I can send it in.

did you try a different cable? The interior port should be fine.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you try a different cable? The interior port should be fine.
    No, and I actually thought of buying another microUSB cable, but the male part of the port was bent and I tried to raise it so it would make contact with the female cable. No dice, and it looked like a small piece of the male flange came off.

It's not as snug as it use to be, either.

13.    #13  
    Went to Frys and bought another microUSB cable.

Still doesn't work.

:\

Has anyone found a line on replacement parts? Mine was dropped and it broke the glass and enhanced the existing speaker cracks. The LCD seems fine, it's just the glass that broke.
    'Noco37':
    Replacement TP Screen Glasses available here: OEM HP TouchPad Touch Pad Front Panel Digitizer Glass Lens Digitizer Screen USA | eBay

Maybe while you've got it dismantled, you could fix up those cracks from the inside, using liberal doses of a good two-part epoxy resin adhesive?

I think 'we' are unfortunately going to see more of this.. particularly with both screen glasses and those 'vunerable' USB ports.. and eventually batteries too.

What about creating a thread specifically FOR spare parts available only.. maybe in Market Place? Anyone who has the misfortune to write off their TP, can then list it there for spares, instead of just binning it or using it as a doorstop?

It is already a rare item and some 'in house' PreC. infrastructure for TP spares would seem really sensible for the future.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/07/2011 at 05:12 PM.
    Mutoidi,

Thanks for the link.

I did look in the marketplace threads and was surprised that i did not see anyone parting out a broken unit for parts. I'm guessing as a little more time passes that will change.
    I've got some parts, USB board and touch digitizer board. speakers, volume rocker/power button, and a headphone jack. Have a locked to att ericsson data card out of a TP 4G too.

EDIT: Also have a main board out of a TP4G with broken wi-fi.

This thread isnt the marketplace, so PM me if you want info. DO NOT RESPOND OR ASK QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I've got some parts, USB board and touch digitizer board. speakers, volume rocker/power button, and a headphone jack. Have a locked to att ericsson data card out of a TP 4G too.

EDIT: Also have a main board out of a TP4G with broken wi-fi.

This thread isnt the marketplace, so PM me if you want info. DO NOT RESPOND OR ASK QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE.
    I am not responding here specifically regarding interest in the spares you have available!

But that's good news Barry.. what about opening a 'TouchPad (all models) Spares Available' thread anyway? Then the likes of yourself and others with 'bits' available can simply post them there.

Sure.. there are probably not a great deal around (yet!).. but it none the less would 'centralise' this aspect for future use too?

Perhaps links - such as the above regarding replacement screen glasses - could be placed there too.. all 'under one roof' as it were?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/08/2011 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I am not responding here specifically regarding interest in the spares you have available!

But that's good news Barry.. what about opening a 'TouchPad (all models) Spares Available' thread anyway? Then the likes of yourself and others with 'bits' available can simply post them there.

Sure.. there are probably not a great deal around (yet!).. but it none the less would 'centralise' this aspect for future use too?

Perhaps links - such as the above regarding replacement screen glasses - could be placed there too.. all 'under one roof' as it were?

I suppose I could open a thread in the marketplace, or the mods could move this thread there changing the Name of the Thread to "Touchpad replacement parts" .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Open a 'Fresh' thread I reckon.. Yes, 'TouchPad Replacement Parts'

to include 'Available & Wanted' ? But only 'PM'ing the 'deals' right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast