Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By darkzone
  • 1 Post By stewperr
  • 4 Post By LurkerX
  1.    #1  
    Take this with a grain of salt but I just read this on a site that I know nothing about and thought I'd put it out there and see what you guys say.
    Some tipsters may have just broken an intriguing "good news, bad news" story. According to a couple of sources, HP is cancelling the current HP TouchPad orders that haven't shipped yet. That's the bad news. The good news is that the reason they are cancelling it is because they are going to retract their initial discontinuation of the product line, and re-continue it (plus they are completely out of stock as well).

In some ways this isn't that great, because the opportunity to get a decent tablet for the low-low price of $99 dollars is slipping away; however, it is not too bad. Now, after seeing the relative success of the product with folks that either want a really cheap tablet, or folks that want to put Android on it, HP wants to revive it from the dead. Who knows... they may consider working out a licensing deal to get Android on it from Google. Of course, that is pure speculation at this point.
    <<Staff edit>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/26/2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: removed spam link
    grain of salt? I'd take a whole canister with that one.
    untitled and ap3604 like this.
    Wow that is total BS... HP wants out of hardware not software. No way they would "bring it back" to put Android on the TP.

Sorry not directed at the OP, but that article is garbage. BTW what is HPTouchpadForums and who are their "tipsters"?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    BTW that domain was registered on August 11th, so I am thinking they must have a large amount of "tipsters" deep inside HP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Canister....i will take a boulder of salt

sledge007 likes this.
    Again " someone who works for Hp told me that" ...

And wth, the hptouchpadforum mentions that they might consider licensing android :/ I don't think they are webOS fans. Just some kids who want to leverage the touchpad fuss to make some money.
    Need a mountain of salt to digest this news as plausible.
    My blood pressure just shot through the roof after reading that one. Too much salt for one sitting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    504 Global Posts
    Yeah...no, ain't gonna happen.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    I'm just laughing
    Neonn likes this.
    LOL that 2 folks with August 2011 join dates know this is garbage!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I call BS on this one.. period
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Again " someone who works for Hp told me that" ...

And wth, the hptouchpadforum mentions that they might consider licensing android :/
    that would be terrible, just terrible.
    I need a drink of water after that much salt.

To put droid on it, uuuuhh no.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    It's not any less likely than some of the other rumors and speculation going on around here lately...

(ducks as he runs out of the forum)
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    We usually save this up for the roads of Ohio in winter, but I think this thread needs it more.

only if the board fires leo and pots DeWitt in the CEO job. Otherwise, it it not going to happen.
    Still not enough salt. It's not going to happen.
  19.    #19  
    I also think it's complete BS or "balderdash" as my grammy would say. Oh and sorry about the spam link. I did a full copy/paste of the post I read.