Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Hi my wife's 16gb home button is not recessed
    My 32gb Home button is...............

Is this a problem? I have had the 32gb for 15 minutes in my hands now
    Recessed by how much? I have 2 32GB's here and they are just barely lower than the glass.
    thorsmash likes this.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    Recessed by how much? I have 2 32GB's here and they are just barely lower than the glass.
    Same.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Yes I looked closely at it and its just below level and works fine
    My wife's is flush so I was not sure its normal variance or not?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I don't ever use the button actually. I just swipe.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    how do you get out of some windows then?
    Yeah only a few games need the button to get out of. Otherwise I never use the button either.
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    how do you get out of some windows then?
    Swipe upwards from the bezel.
    2 TouchPads here, neither are recessed.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    thanks just tried it on my wifes mine is updating
    most touchpads have tiny little 'flaws' here and there including loose volume switches, light bleeding, recessed home buttons, flexible bezels and even dead pixels. it just depends on how excessive these are and to a certain degree how much they bother you. yes, i went through quite a few touchpads before i found one that i liked however this was at full price and at the time couldnt justify spending that kind of money on a device that had even minor imperfections. i've since gotten mine price-matched and so any 'flaws' are much easier to justify now (the one i ended up keeping was pretty flawless however due to my persistence ).
    mine is obviously recessed as well compared to others. If I press down on the screen around it it will temporarily become level but over time the screen raises back up.
    only one side of my button is recessed so it looks uneven, will this be a problem if I use it very often?
    pics of recessed button?
    Home button, micro recessed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Tomorrow when I have daylight I'll take a pic for you
    Original TP the button was totally flat with screen. New TP the button is recessed quite a bit.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Pics as promised

Bumping this thread because I have been wondering the same thing. My 32GB's home button seems loose as well when compared to my girlfriends 16GB one. When I first got the touchpad at the firesale the button flaked out on me and stopped responding to the initial click unless I gave it a little more of a push. It also seemed to be very loose. So HP fixed the click response problem for me, but it still seems to have too much play IMO.

They gave me the same touchpad I sent in back based on a few marks on the rubber lining where they took the case off. I'm wondering if perhaps it's just loose manufacturing tolerances and I didn't get a good one to begin with. I can press on the lest and right of the button pretty easily and it just feels looser than it should for a device like this or compared to other touchpad's I've used.The button just doesn't rest level with screen and instead it is at a bit of an angle and slightly recessed.

I'm debating if it is worth calling HP again to try to get it fixed (doubt they could without giving me a different touchpad) or just live with it and swipe.
    disoriented likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Home button, micro recessed.
    whoa...someone's got the infamous case warping.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast