Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    A little update.
    They sent a box to send the TouchPad in for repair via UPS 1 Day Air.
    Came with all the things to ship it back to them. Included a UPS 2 Day Air sticker.
    So hopefully will be able to head to a UPS store today so it could be processed today and get there by Wednesday. Hopefully have it back by early next week.

HP earns points in my book for the 1 Day / 2 Day shipping.
    Let's hope they send it back the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
    A little update.
    They sent a box to send the TouchPad in for repair via UPS 1 Day Air.
    Came with all the things to ship it back to them. Included a UPS 2 Day Air sticker.
    So hopefully will be able to head to a UPS store today so it could be processed today and get there by Wednesday. Hopefully have it back by early next week.

HP earns points in my book for the 1 Day / 2 Day shipping.
    Let's hope they send it back the same way.
    Yeah they overnighted for morning delivery my replacement AC adapter. They certainly haven't abandoned the customers.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Yeah they overnighted for morning delivery my replacement AC adapter. They certainly haven't abandoned the customers.
    Considering they are going to be a more service oriented company, they had better not. It isn't like they are going out of business, just exiting a particular niche of the industry.

I received my box today. Packed it up and it will go out tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
    Correct. Same here, I already had it connected once. I reconnected it for the update, all drivers were loaded.
    I can also confirm this. I restored with with the most recent WebOS Doctor before with no issues. That was on a working system. When I tried to use it to fix my non-booting device it failed at 12%.
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Yeah, let's hope that it comes back in one day as well

Quote Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
    Considering they are going to be a more service oriented company, they had better not. It isn't like they are going out of business, just exiting a particular niche of the industry.

I received my box today. Packed it up and it will go out tomorrow.
    Mines already out of the state and on it's way to TX. Nabbed the tracking number on the label before I sent it off so I could track it. Disappointed there wasn't much padding in the box though.
    Quote Originally Posted by derTommy88 View Post
    i have the same problem. it started just one hour after i bought it.
    i can boot the tp. i can install apps, delete apps. but after rebooting everything is like i didnt change anything. all installed apps are gone, all deinstalled apps are back on the tp!

seems like there's a serious problem with the partitions. doctor stops at 12%. tried three different pcs. win7, xp, ubuntu linux.

i got this messeges when i started the doctor via the console:

28.08.2011 00:10:17 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: 8 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active

28.08.2011 00:10:18 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "/sbin/**** -a /dev/mapper/store-root"

28.08.2011 00:10:18 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: **** 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)

INFO: Trenchcoat: /: clean, 22041/36400 files, 111368/145408 blocks

28.08.2011 00:10:19 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "/sbin/**** -a /dev/mapper/store-var"

28.08.2011 00:10:19 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint

INFO: Trenchcoat: /var: recovering journal

INFO: Trenchcoat: ****.ext3: unable to set superblock flags on /var

INFO: Trenchcoat:

INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "/sbin/**** -a /dev/mapper/store-update"

INFO: Trenchcoat: /var/lib/update: clean, 13/4096 files, 1166/4096 blocks

INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "/sbin/**** -a /dev/mapper/store-log"

INFO: Trenchcoat: /var/log: recovering journal

INFO: Trenchcoat: ****.ext3: unable to set superblock flags on /var/log

28.08.2011 00:10:20 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -an store"

28.08.2011 00:10:20 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <ERROR> Unable to handle LV mojodb

INFO: Trenchcoat: File descriptor 3 (/dev/mmcblk0) leaked on lvm.static invocation. Parent PID 2241: sh

28.08.2011 00:10:21 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: 0 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active

28.08.2011 00:10:21 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Broken pipe

INFO: Trenchcoat: <ERROR> CPU-specific initialization failed

28.08.2011 00:10:21 com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream handleSocketException
    WARNUNG: SocketException Cmd: file:///sbin/trenchcoat
    28.08.2011 00:10:21 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNUNG: Flash Failure
    java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe from file:///sbin/trenchcoat, return code: 1
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:109)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:141)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketWriter.write(PacketWriter.java:30)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream.write(NovacomSocketStream.java:169)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.java:21)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.java:69)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.TrenchcoatStage.run(TrenchcoatStage.java:104)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:426)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    28.08.2011 00:10:21 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1314483021597
    28.08.2011 00:10:21 com.palm.nova.installer.core.RdxUtils saveLogs
    INFO: from /tmp/PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.1
    INFO: to /tmp/palmInstallerError0.log
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/palmInstallerError0.log (Permission denied)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:209)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:99)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.RdxUtils.saveLogs(RdxUtils.java:215)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.saveLogs(CardController.java:166)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.handleFailCase(CardController.java:686)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.postFlashEvent(CardController.java:860)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:609)
    INFO: from /tmp/PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.2
    INFO: to /tmp/palmInstallerError1.log
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/palmInstallerError1.log (Permission denied)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:209)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:99)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.RdxUtils.saveLogs(RdxUtils.java:215)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.saveLogs(CardController.java:166)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.handleFailCase(CardController.java:686)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.postFlashEvent(CardController.java:860)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:609)
    28.08.2011 00:10:23 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    28.08.2011 00:10:23 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe from file:///sbin/trenchcoat, return code: 1
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:109)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:141)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketWriter.write(PacketWriter.java:30)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream.write(NovacomSocketStream.java:169)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.java:21)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.write(NovacomBaseStream.java:69)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.TrenchcoatStage.run(TrenchcoatStage.java:104)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:426)
    28.08.2011 00:10:24 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    28.08.2011 00:10:24 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 1
    28.08.2011 00:10:24 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runnerFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    28.08.2011 00:10:24 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runnerFinished
    WARNUNG: flashing failed, move to failed card
    This is the best way to report a problem.

There is something wrong with your flash memory. Return this unit for a warranty refund if you can. If you can't, try running the doctor multiple times and see if the errors get less each time.

Anyone else reporting a problem should include exactly the same log of running the doctor on the command line.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 08/30/2011 at 06:26 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This is the best way to report a problem.

There is something wrong with your flash memory. Return this unit for a warranty refund if you can. If you can't, try running the doctor multiple times and see if the errors get less each time.

Anyone else reporting a problem should include exactly the same log of running the doctor on the command line.

-- Rod
    I would have, but totally forgot to run it via "java -jar". Silly me. To anxious to play with it.
    I had problems using the official USB cable from HP.

Suddenly, the device would no longer recognize on my Win7 machine on any port and after rebooting everything, also it would not charge when plugged into the wall. I replaced the cable with another one I had around and it worked perfectly. In fact, it started to work on my OSX Lion Macbook (where previously it would not work at all).
    Mine won't boot i do see QHSUSB_DLOAD did we determine that the only fix for this is to send it back

Quote Originally Posted by PHTP View Post
    If you don't mind, in windows can you open up computer management (compmgmt.msc) and go under Other devices and see if it shows up as Palm or QHSUSB_DLOAD?

Thanks.

Edit: Added Screenshot
    I put warthog on this, and was working fine. i let the batter go down to 10% , and now it doesn't turn on?! I have put the charger in, but there is no difference, ie. no notification of charging etc. or anything. I've done all of the button combos

Any help appreciated.

PS. When I plug it into the laptop it detects it and tries to download drivers for 'QHSUSB_DLOAD'??
    Try power+home for 30 seconds. If that does not work, try leaving it unplugged for the battery to die.

Do not do vol-down+power, as this triggers the download mode.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Just to throw my hat in the ring, mine's totally bricked as well. I put it on the touchstone charge, left it in exhibition mode and went to bed. I got up in the morning, it was working fine (didn't touch it but facebook exhibition mode was working), got home from work later that day and it was completely stone cold dead. No lights, nothing, I've tried every button combination you can mention for several minutes each, plugged into wall charger for over 3 hours (as per the request of HP) and still no a single sign of life. HP were supposed to ring me back today but it is already 3pm and no call so I will give them a ring when I get home. Hopefully they will be able to repair it, but it did totally brick by itself.
    I've tried everything. Yesterday I went to work (9 hour shift) and left my touchpad sitting on the charger. When I got home I used it for a couple hours and turned it off (I checked the battery right before I turned it off, it was at 92%). This morning I go to turn it on and nothing happens. After a few tries I used the power + home button. Nothing happened. I heard that the Touchpad is weird when it comes to battery life so I stuck it on the charger and once again nothing happened.

Touchpad wasn't forced on and no light was indicating that it was on or charging.

Obviously WebOS was next. But I was cut short because WebOS didn't even recognize that I had a device plugged in. I know the cord isn't bad because I just used it on the computer not even 24 hours ago and I was charging it until 11 at night.

I'm pretty sure that's enough reason to say it's bricked, if anyone can help it would be great.
    go here http://palm.com/rom and doctor it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    go here http://palm.com/rom and doctor it...
    I'm assuming you post that everytime you see the world "bricked"

I've already been down that route. I had to download the Touchpad WebOS Doctor somewhere else because according to HP, my serial number is invalid.
    yes, right before I merge crossposting to consolidate threads.

it's pretty hard to brick a webos device. Hardware failures happen occasionally, but you have to try the doctor several times, and follow the exact instructions. Start with TP powered off. Use the volume key. If the battery isn't charged 30%, prepare for a loooong wait while it charges, etc.

and use 32-bit windows because some have reported issues with 64-bit.

if you are really dead, send it to HP for warranty exchange.
    Well the only problem is that I can't turn it on whatsoever and I've tried every method out there. HP says my serial number is invalid for some reason, and my computer won't recognize my device, let alone WebOS Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by indianolajohn View Post
    Mine won't boot i do see QHSUSB_DLOAD did we determine that the only fix for this is to send it back
    Sounds like it. HP told me I had to go to the store and get it exchanged because it wasn't purchased directly from HP. They are only accepting repairs for touchpads purchased off of the HP website or through HP directly.

The issue you are facing sounds like my issue. I had left the touchpad over night with out it being plugged in and the next morning it wouldn't boot back up. I know it's fully charged because I used a kill-a-watt meter and watched it draw less and less power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman3459 View Post
    Well the only problem is that I can't turn it on whatsoever and I've tried every method out there. HP says my serial number is invalid for some reason, and my computer won't recognize my device, let alone WebOS Doctor
    Not certain about the serial number issue but when you plug into your computer does it show "QHSUSB_DLOAD" as the device?
    Quote Originally Posted by PHTP View Post
    Not certain about the serial number issue but when you plug into your computer does it show "QHSUSB_DLOAD" as the device?
    No, it shows absolutely nothing. I plugged it into a different computer (32-bit) and it said installing drivers but it failed, when I clicked to see details it said "Palm device has no drivers" or something like that. Yet it knew it was a Palm Device. I tried again but it won't recognize it now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast