Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Ok I have researched on here for skype.......where is it on the touchpad? it is already on it? where do I go to get it for webOS?

HELP

thanks
    I LOVE MY TOUCHPAD "trusty" !
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/29/2011 at 07:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Skype is not a separate app on the TP, but integrated as an 'account' in your 'Phone and Video Calling' app. Start that app on the touchpad and then from the pull down menu => Preferences & Accounts add your Skype account information.
  3.    #3  
    I can't find the app. Where do I get it from??
    its built in to webOS. The icon is a green phone.
    You don't get it from anywhere, it's a standard application that ships with the OS.

In the Apps section select "Phone & Video Calls" and then enter or create a Skype account. Once setup you can access Skype functionality in the Phone/Video or Messaging app.
  6.    #6  
    sorry for being so dense.....so how do you get the video part to work on skype?
    Go to the phone app on the touchpad. In there go to your managing accounts and then you set up your Skype account it should show whoever is on your friend list after the account is synced.

There is no Skype application like found on android, etc.. its built into the OS. You can also do the same thing through the messaging application found on the touchpad I believe
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    After I had signed into skype it still not show any of my contacts. It also would not sign in on messaging. After a reboot it cleared up and worked
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hey Guys,
    I'm another fire sale refugee joining the WebOS community.
    I was using Skype for the 1st time this AM and had a lot of problems with feedback. I am in the process of searching the forum, but though I would post a quick question.

Thanks in advance!
    as this thread is skype related i just have a quick question.
    incoming audio is fine.. when i use voice recorder results are fine the same with skype test call excellent.

when i call landlines nobody can understand me. breaking up / bad audio quality. wifi connection is excellent also. obviously mic is working ok.

any comments /help appreciated.
    Hey guys, try calling HP's butler service and they will troubleshoot all issues. I knew Skype was integrated in webOS, but didn't know how to make it work, even after viewing the help section.....give the butler service a try.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Sorry, I am new. I see list of contacts but I thought you can put the Skype name to do the video chat. Where can I do this? I do not want to make a call.

Can someone post step-by-step instructions on how to do a video chat TP to TP? My brother-in-law has a TP. Thanks.
    I found the Skype integration in webOS to be a bit lacking. Apparently (and this could just be due to my lack of extensive knowledge on the touchpad) the skype application will not allow you to send an invite to someone using skype. You still need to log into a PC running the full skype app to add a user. Once added, your new skype contacts would then be sync'ed to your touchpad.

I've even tried to add the person in the Contacts app on the Toucpad and even selected "Skype" as the contact method, but for some reason, the integrated skype calling feature would not make the call to that user. I had to have that user invite me, then I was able to see them properly.
    Any luck with the video call? I am also looking for this.
    littlelulu257 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerscotty View Post
    I can't find the app. Where do I get it from??
    Go to your settings tab in the launcher, open up the Accounts icon. You will see a list of web accounts that can sync to your Touchpad using what is called "Synergy". Simply tap the Skype account, log in and you're connected.

You will also see this in your phone app, under settings.

Synergy is one of the best features of webOS in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    I found the Skype integration in webOS to be a bit lacking. Apparently (and this could just be due to my lack of extensive knowledge on the touchpad) the skype application will not allow you to send an invite to someone using skype. You still need to log into a PC running the full skype app to add a user. Once added, your new skype contacts would then be sync'ed to your touchpad.

I've even tried to add the person in the Contacts app on the Toucpad and even selected "Skype" as the contact method, but for some reason, the integrated skype calling feature would not make the call to that user. I had to have that user invite me, then I was able to see them properly.
    Works just fine for me. Just add a buddy which brings up a search box, search for their name and then send and invite.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlines View Post
    Works just fine for me. Just add a buddy which brings up a search box, search for their name and then send and invite.
    How did you add a buddy? What screen is that in?
    add buddies as contacts in the contact app. But they have to already be buddies in your actual skype account.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Open Messaging. To the right of the chat bubble on the left hand side there is a add buddies button(between the the chat bubble and the star). Select Add Buddy at the bottom, change the IM Service to Skype, search for your contact... Even allows an invitation message. Skype contacts will show up in your messaging app. You can open your messaging to a person and select skype in the upper right corner, a drop down will come down with the option to call(phone) or video chat(video camera). Hope this was clear enough.
    JeffPom likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    Open Messaging. To the right of the chat bubble on the left hand side there is a add buddies button(between the the chat bubble and the star). Select Add Buddy at the bottom, change the IM Service to Skype, search for your contact... Even allows an invitation message. Skype contacts will show up in your messaging app. You can open your messaging to a person and select skype in the upper right corner, a drop down will come down with the option to call(phone) or video chat(video camera). Hope this was clear enough.
    wow, I didn't realize that ability was built in there. Thanks for sharing!

I hope HP adds that option directly into the phone app since it's not an obvious find.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast