Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    if you go to the messaging app and search for new buddies not in your contacts already and, send them a skype invite from there.

edit...sorry I did not see this was already posted above.
    Go to the Messaging app (not to be confused with the Phone and Video Calls app). Once there you can select add Buddy from the drop down menu or select the second tab (buddies) and select the "Add Buddy" button at the bottom of the page.

I have set up two TPs for skype now and while it is pretty easy, I agree it is a bit quirky. It may just have been me fumbling up, but the first TP used a google email account and setting up the messaging went smoothly. The second TP had a bellsouth account for email and seems like I had to go through a few more hoops to get the messages to go out. I may have had an option to set up Messaging to use bellsouth at the point in time I was setting up email but didn't bother at that time. The net-net of all this was that I ended up with two entries in the contacts app for the same person (1 for phone/email, 1 for skype) and had to link the two manually in contacts so I could find the person to video call or email under the same name.
    Hi I have added Skype, GMAIL, Yahoo accounts in SYNERGY ACCOUNTS

Messaging app does not sign in.. it circles saying signing in for awhile and defaults to available but not showing any contacts online. Tried deleting / adding accounts couple of times.. No results.

Through Phone & Voice calls, registered Skype and launched it.. Unable to sing in to SKYPE and none of the SKYPE contacts are displayed.

Called butler service. on call for 2 hours.. rep said need to upgrade to 3.0.2 68 WEBOS version. Few mins ago downloaded, installed STILL FACING THE SAME ISSUE.

Very frustated.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    I keep adding a skype buddy thru the messaging app, but it doesn't seem to add them. It did once for a few seconds, but then they dropped out of the buddy list. Is this a glitch? I do have the video call app open as well.

Edit: never mind, I realized that the buddy was already in my contacts, but under a different name. Doh!
    Last edited by kmcoch; 08/30/2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: figured it out
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    any way to shut off Skype?

even after you close the card, you stay logged in (check it from another acct on another computer )
    mine works fine when tested w/ my daughter's TP.. video is choppy but otherwise fine, have to update to 3.0.2 though
    Last edited by tripko; 08/31/2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    The only way I got skype to work is to add your buddy's skype name through Contacts. Once that is done, click on the skype name and you'll be given an option for video call. Click it & it will dial your buddy. I couldn't get it to work through Messaging app.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by tripko View Post
    mine works fin when tested w/ my daughter's.. Choppy but otherwise fine, have to update to 3.2 though
    version 3.0.2 makes a big difference in video quality
    I tried a TP2TP skype call finally now that I know someone that has one and it works much better than I expected given the issues I had trying to skype with people with the ipad2.

my 2 cents is keep patient, reset often, especially if you have been powered on for a long time without turning off and/or if you have been using a lot of streaming video or flash sites. I notice it slows my machine down dramatically and effects teh quality of the skype calling. this is both with a overclocked tp and one that isn't.

One question I have is has anyone had any luck running a multiple user video chat? It seemed to be possible, but I wasn't quite sure how to do it. the only people I can try with have ipad2 and they seem to have just as many issues with their newly minted skype as the TP's have.

It looks like you just process it was the way you do a standard conference call connect like on the pre's, but then what about video?

I just wanted to see if there were any success stories out there with any tips/tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsun View Post
    any way to shut off Skype?

even after you close the card, you stay logged in (check it from another acct on another computer )
    You have to log off from the messaging app. You can do that on individual accounts. And this is feature not a bug.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    You have to log off from the messaging app. You can do that on individual accounts. And this is feature not a bug.
    Haven't found how to do this yet
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    Open Messaging. To the right of the chat bubble on the left hand side there is a add buddies button(between the the chat bubble and the star). Select Add Buddy at the bottom, change the IM Service to Skype, search for your contact... Even allows an invitation message. Skype contacts will show up in your messaging app. You can open your messaging to a person and select skype in the upper right corner, a drop down will come down with the option to call(phone) or video chat(video camera). Hope this was clear enough.
    Yeah - this is better answer.

Skype may also be built in (for phone calls mainly) into the phone app - but I found best to use the messaging app. When you click on a buddy... if there's more than one service you have them tied to - you can drop down and choose. If it says skype - then you can choose how you send. Either you just type in the conversation and chat - or you can do the drop down and call or video chat.

I did it the other night - works great.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    You can lot out individually? I can only see how to log on or off period... and then remove accounts.

I've only been able to log out of an individual account if I sign in on another device on an account - it signs me out of that one on my TP.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12