Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I couldn't find a thread about this so I figured I would post. So I was playing with two TouchPads and I set one on top of the other with the cameras facing left. Low and behold Touch to Share activated. Who would have know that it works between TouchPads....Awesome

Last edited by drahgon; 08/27/2011 at 10:51 AM.
    Hrm...can someone verify this? Or make a video?
    Sprint Love
  3.    #3  
    sure ill make a video. its a pain to activate though
    It does in fact work between 2 Touchpads.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    So the new webOS salute... Touch-to-Share High Five!
  6.    #6  
    added video to first post
    I really hope that whoever licenses webOS / uses open-source webOS in their devices will also implement TTS. It's just awesome.
    haha, wow that's so odd. And no one thought to try this before? Weird.. I don't see a huge application for it.. since it's kind of weird to do but nice find! Add this to the tip line.
    Sprint Love
    thats awesome great find.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Reminds me of the old days with my first Palm device, the TRGPro, and infrared beaming!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    haha, wow that's so odd. And no one thought to try this before? Weird.. I don't see a huge application for it.. since it's kind of weird to do but nice find! Add this to the tip line.
    I agree not sure how useful it will be. But I could see me using it between gfs touchpad and mine to share websites.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    It reminds me of "beaming" from the old Palm and Handspring days when you could share your contact information and apps by beaming them (apps would transfer as trial versions automatically). Now maybe we can TTS the same kind of info.

Edit: Oops, I see sweaner already brought this up. I didn't read far enough before I posted.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I just tried it (TP to TP) and it does work. Wouldn't it be cool if you could share music,photos or other files!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chukk View Post
    I just tried it (TP to TP) and it does work. Wouldn't it be cool if you could share music,photos or other files!
    def. Curious are website the only thing you can use TTS for currently?
    Hmm. I noticed this on July 22nd. I thought I posted such, but now I can't find my post. I accidentally placed my co-worker's Touchpad on top of mine and they started trying to 'touch-to-share' with the whole ripple effect and all. I was not successful at getting them to actually share tho... maybe I should try again!
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Would it work better if you flip one of the Touchpads so the proximity is closer?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Would it work better if you flip one of the Touchpads so the proximity is closer?
    Actually yes it does. I just tried it. I did not realize it used a proximity sensor. In the video of TTS with the Pre 3 they always had the pre 3 screen facing up so I thought that was how you did it. But it was a pain to get it to activate. Flipping the TouchPad makes it work instantly!
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    Actually yes it does. I just tried it. I did not realize it used a proximity sensor. In the video of TTS with the Pre 3 they always had the pre 3 screen facing up so I thought that was how you did it. But it was a pain to get it to activate. Flipping the TouchPad makes it work instantly!
    Well for a Phone to Tablet it would make sense, since the sensor on the TouchPad would be where the gesture area should have been, and Pre 3 would have the sensor facing the back.

So you would face the sensors together.

With that being said... I hope they get the update as soon as possible for the Veer, so I can high five other Veers.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well for a Phone to Tablet it would make sense, since the sensor on the TouchPad would be where the gesture area should have been, and Pre 3 would have the sensor facing the back.

So you would face the sensors together.

With that being said... I hope they get the update as soon as possible for the Veer, so I can high five other Veers.
    makes sense
    Activate!

Loiter likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast