Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I just recieved my new touchpad today, after having several cancellations and searching everywhere for the past week trying to get one. Extremely excited. Waiting for full charge to set it up and its killing me.

As soon as I unwrapped all the packaging, I noticed there was an extrude on the right side of the pad(same side as the volume rockers), near the bottom. I checked it out and realized it's where the serial number and info is, however it will not go back in. I understand it is supposed to be spring activated or something, but i have tried to push it in and it won't go all the way in. Very annoying to me, but I just got it so am trying to avoid having to send it in for repair. Anyone else have this issue and know of any tricks to get it to go back in?

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have the exact same issue, I press the tab in all the way but it doesn't click, just pops back out.

No solution that I know of sadly, has anyone else here had more success? My support case has been escalated so I should get a call in a day or two (or so they said) - very annoyed that a brand new item has such a stupid little flaw. It's great otherwise, just this one silly thing ruining the rest of it. I'd better not get a refurb to replace an otherwise perfect TouchPad.

At worst, how hard are they to crack open non-destructively? It's got to be a simple solution internally.
    I had the same issue with my Dell laptop once. However, after a while, it seemed to click in (I think it was after a bump or something). So, either you could ask for a miracle, or attempt to get a replacement if they have any left.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hmm, I might try dropping it on the carpet a few times or hitting it with my palm then. Hopefully they'll just offer a proper replacement though.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    That "extrude" is a place where a 4G card would go if in fact it had 4G. It is spring loaded, try with your thumbnail to push it a little further inside and see if it clicks in place.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    There are a couple threads about this, one about a guy who made a youtube video. Here is one of them:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3129430
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    push it in with a paperclip or something. might also try blowing it out with some compressed air.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    on mine I had to push it in maybe 1/8" past the flush point to get it to click. It was hard and I looked around for something that wouldn't scratch it plus the part has a slight curvature to it making it harder to get a grip on it.

it is not possible to push it in with ur finger or finger nail
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Oh right, I guess that might help, I'll find something to push it in quite far, thanks stonny9!
    actually the best way I have found is to push it in with two fingers on opposite sides of the plastic thing (both of your thumbs would be best) while it is resting in your lap... It will take a bit of force to get it in, but it should work fine
    Tablet PC: HP 2730p [all the goodies: 2 slice batteries, slim dock, Intel X18-m 160GB, 8GB ram, ect...] | Toshiba Tecra M4 [Crucial M4 64GB SSD, 2GB ram, ect...]
    entertainment tablet: HP touchpad 32GB -sold it, it just doesn't cut the mustard-
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Just an update. I tried forever to get it to click back in, with no luck. My fiance came home and within 3 seconds, she fixed it. She used her fingernails and pushed it apparently farther than I had tried. Now I have no complaints whatsoever with my touchpad.