Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So this is just a quick help post for those having installed the newest F15C-41.
    First problem a lot of people are having is Govnah app throwing an error when trying to save various settings. Solution is to delete all profiles in govnah first then uninstall govnah then restart your device, once its back reinstall govnah. And you can create your profiles again. Saving up to 1.7 shows no errors, once you go past it may revert to the previous problem and not let you save again. Or your touchpad may freeze, either way this is a test kernel so these things are to be expected.
    If you have any suggestions on getting 1.8-9 GHz to work smoothly then please post.
    I was about to post a new thread and saw this thread... totally worked! Both cores running @ 1.728ghz now Gracious ... would also love to know how to get the cores stable at 1.9!
    My touchpad got crashed when I set it to 1.9
    same it crashed when set to 1.9
    Me three, crashed @ 1.9 instantly. 1.8 was working but crashed while playing Tom Clancy's HAWX game. Leaving it @ 1.7 for now, silky smooth performance so far (Day 2).
    yep, crashed at 1.9, stable at 1.8
    Thanks,

Susan.
    Worked perfectly for me, thanks. Also running 1.8ghz stable.
    I posted this on another forum but it probably belongs here too.

Not only can Govnah throw out this error but it may be broken for reporting too. Something a lot of people don't realize is that the current revision of F15C (41) is very strict and doesn't show CPU2 usage unless you're really loading a lot of things. HOWEVER, Govnah can sometimes break and not report the second core at all, even if you're pounding on the device and set polling to 1-second.

For what it's worth, I run the 1.7 OC and it was running perfectly until I tried the 1.9 OC, which locked me up so I went back. It was after this that my problem with Govnah reporting the second core began. Yes, I loaded up a dozen web pages, HD video and still Core2 was stuck at 0. Once I deleted profiles -> uninstalled Govnah -> Reboot -> reinstall Govnah it again works perfectly reporting the second core. Of course it reports less often now that the new revision doesn't use the second core as much.

CLIFFNOTES: If your Govnah wont report a second core, EVEN IF YOU LOAD A DOZEN APPS, delete custom profiles, uninstall, reboot and reinstall Govnah!
    For me, CPU1 and CPU2 seem to alternate in being the "primary" CPU... I'll have times where Govnah will report CPU2 maxed out and CPU1 at the minimum clock... or visa versa, or sometimes both will be running at minimum... other times of course, CPU1 will be running at some level and CPU2 will not be reporting anything, which is more typical for most people I gather..
    I have one webos-testing-all profile for 1.5ghz. 1.9ghz is giving me errors. should I delete the current 1.5 profile and delete govnah if I understand you correctly?
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by logastellus View Post
    yep, crashed at 1.9, stable at 1.8
    Exactly my results.
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    I have one webos-testing-all profile for 1.5ghz. 1.9ghz is giving me errors. should I delete the current 1.5 profile and delete govnah if I understand you correctly?
    If the 1.9 isn't working for you, just use the 1.5 or a 1.7 as many have reported the same problem. So just delete your custom 1.9 profile (slide it right/left) and use the one that works.

AFIAK, there's no reason to uninstall/reinstall Govnah completely unless you're getting the common scaling error on profiles OR your Govnah isn't reporting CPUs properly (and yes, it's supposed to show Core2 at zero MOST of the time).
    The profile delete, uninstall, reboot, reinstall method worked for a me a couple times but it would just keep reverting back to a stagnant CPU2 (under crazy load with a 1 sec poll). Even uninstalled F15C and reinstalled.

I'm also getting this error message when I try to apply settings:

Unable to open /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

This sucks.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong; I flashed the uberkernel fine but then followed the instructions to flash the new F15C kernel41 kernel and got a bunch of verification errors. See below. I am on webos 3.0.2.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    98 4845k 98 4767k 0 0 910k 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 971k
    100 4845k 100 4845k 0 0 913k 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 1148k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f15c-kernel-touchpad
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":17, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":17 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":17 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":17 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":17 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":17 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f15c-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f15c-kernel-touchpad from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f15c-kernel-touchpad.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

I did a brief search; but couldn't find an answer and stumbled on this thread.

*Edit* I suppose reading the log is a good way to figure out where it went wrong. I was on UberKernel while trying to flash F15C, needs to be on the OG webos kernel. Sorry for the post; but maybe this will help someone else
    Last edited by Joe_T; 08/28/2011 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_T View Post
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong; I flashed the uberkernel fine but then followed the instructions to flash the new F15C kernel41 kernel and got a bunch of verification errors. See below. I am on webos 3.0.2.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    98 4845k 98 4767k 0 0 910k 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 971k
    100 4845k 100 4845k 0 0 913k 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 1148k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f15c-kernel-touchpad
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":17, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":17 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":17 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":17 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":17 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":17 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f15c-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f15c-kernel-touchpad from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f15c-kernel-touchpad.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

I did a brief search; but couldn't find an answer and stumbled on this thread.

*Edit* I suppose reading the log is a good way to figure out where it went wrong. I was on UberKernel while trying to flash F15C, needs to be on the OG webos kernel. Sorry for the post; but maybe this will help someone else
    I installed F15C over Uberkernel and didn't have any issues....until CPU2 randomly stopped firing (pretty sure that's just a gonna issue though)
    I'm using the F4 phantom at 1.8ghz, no problem, seem to run a bit hotter though
    Last edited by limitbreak; 08/28/2011 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    I'm using the F4 phantom at 1.8ghz, no proble, seem to run a bit hotter though
    naturally, it will run hotter

also your battery life will be horrible

just warning you..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    I'm using the F4 phantom at 1.8ghz, no proble, seem to run a bit hotter though
    How hot are we talking? Get us in idle temp and a working temp if possible. My 1.728 Warthog and F15C both hover around 28-30C at idle for reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    How hot are we talking? Get us in idle temp and a working temp if possible. My 1.728 Warthog and F15C both hover around 28-30C at idle for reference.
    He's talking about F4 phantom the brand new kernel that keeps both CPU's on full blast 100% of the time

It will run hotter than Warthog and f15
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    He's talking about F4 phantom the brand new kernel that keeps both CPU's on full blast 100% of the time

It will run hotter than Warthog and f15
    I'm aware of what he's running, I'm just curious how hot it gets at full bore
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast