Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I own a touchpad :-) and I'm using the uberkermal up to 1.5 running smooth as hell. I have to ask though apart from general usage & browsing what are we to use all this extra power for.

are there any music creation or photo/video editing apps for webos that can harness this power?
    Quote Originally Posted by despakodes View Post
    I own a touchpad :-) and I'm using the uberkermal up to 1.5 running smooth as hell. I have to ask though apart from general usage & browsing what are we to use all this extra power for.

are there any music creation or photo/video editing apps for webos that can harness this power?
    Video playback and some of the more intensive games, especially HD stuff really rely heavily on the processor, so that's one thing. Beyond that, it just offers more breathing room for if/when a program could run that much faster when the cores are maxed.

If you're perfectly happy at 1.5 and don't have any games/videos that could run a bit better, there's no real reason for you to go higher just yet. Enjoy it!
    Quick question, with all these new kernels coming out for oc'ing your touchpad, is it recommended that you are up to date with each one? I am currently running F15C Eagle with Govnah clocking CPU 1 at 1.728ghz and CPU 2 being clocked at the same when many windows (cards) are open requiring the CPU 2 to kick on.

Should I download the new updated one or F4?
    Last edited by RaggaJack; 08/28/2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask my question
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    How hot are we talking? Get us in idle temp and a working temp if possible. My 1.728 Warthog and F15C both hover around 28-30C at idle for reference.
    42C+
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    2nd day with TP, first day ran stock 3.0.2 so I could get a feel for the difference. Today ran with UberK at 1.5, super nice! My question is now if I want to try F15C, do I have to uninstall UberK, then install default kernel. Then finally install F15C. Or can I install F15C over UberK? Sorry for the ignorance, it'd been a while.
    Sent from my HP Touchpad, iPhone, Motorola Xoom, or HTC Thunderbolt... I don't really know anymore, so confused!
    You install the palm default kernel, then install whatever other kernel you wanted to run.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Domo arigato Mr Wolf-Bot-O!
    Sent from my HP Touchpad, iPhone, Motorola Xoom, or HTC Thunderbolt... I don't really know anymore, so confused!
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    42C+
    I'm running F4 at 1.8 and after an hour of continuous use my touchpad reports 32... with the F15c kernel the night before running only at 1.7 it was 35*C

Browsermark for me has resulted in scores around 38k with conservative governor, 54k with ondemand, and 74k with performance governor. Regardless of governor, though, F4 has provided the overall smoothest user experience.
    I was getting a log of errors with tenderloin mentioned. I deleted those feeds and it is running at 1.5. Until the 1.9 gets ironed out is there really any real speed advantage to 1.7 or 1.8
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I prefer to edit the settings in OnDemandTcl 1512 and NOT save it. That way if a problem forces me to reboot I can recover because it reverts to the lower speed. We're just testing these things, we're not marrying them. It's much safer that way. If you can't recover it's off to the Webos doctor you go.
    had both cores running for over a week no issues. BUT as soon as I try to apply any advanced settings....VOILA, 2nd core shuts down. What. The. Eff? Is this an F15 issue or does it have to do with Gonna. (I've done the profile delete reinstall game like 4 times.)
    Followed all directions located here. How to overclock your HP Touchpad to 1.9Ghz on Both Cores!

added the 3 requied feeds (manage feeds) : webos-testing-all = Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/

webos-testing-armv7 = Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/

webos-kernels-testing = http://preware.is.awesome.com/

I restarted my touchpad whenever asked to and am able to update feeds without errors.. I can run uber kernel to 1.5 but cant find F15c anywhere.

Ideas?
    I'm pretty sure it's in the Alpha feeds. Do a search here for Alpha feeds and you should find instructions on how to get them to show in Preware. Remember, it's Alpha, so it's not going to be very stable. Plus you're going to have battery and heat issues. I've tried all the kernels, and now I'm back at Uberkernel at 1.5 running smoothly. Too many issues with the other (experimental) ones. So unless you Really want to try them all out, I'd recommend UK at 1.5, until they get the kinks out and the kernels are at least in beta. Good luck!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12