Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    been trying all week and only got one legit response from a BB employee. and that was that a shipment of 80 would be in today. my buddy and i missed out this morning by about 8 people which blows. ive been calling all around and not one BB employee can give me a straight answer. i understand that not every single employee knows when a shipment is coming in but someone should know something. im not ****ed though, ive already got one for myself but my girlfriend wants one and i cant seem to find her one. anyone from san antonio know anything about a new shipment coming in to any best buy anytime soon? perhaps you have talked to employees that i didnt talk to.

))V((atthew
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I think I was about 10 people behind you... (Legacy Store) That was the only store that got some in last night. I picked up a 32gb from the store on FM78 on Tuesday... I think that was the last store in San Antonio to get some. HP.Com will be our last hope at this price.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    yea i got mine from the forum tuesday around 7pm or so. after a 3 hour drive around san antonio scored one at the forum. im still hoping for one last shipment to any best buy, i will actually camp out for this now. i frequent the slickdeals and hp.com these days just hoping to get lucky but to no avail. good luck to you and your search, should i hear of any shipments in san antonio ill pm you
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    cool thanks!
    I missed this morning by a few more than thenoan & mitsueks. I arrived at 8, the line was well over 80 people, so I knew I missed it.

I just missed at SW Military yesterday morning and SE Military actually put their shipment out yesterday evening around 5, so I had no chance.

They have been told to say 'no' if anyone calls in. I went to the Legacy store, chatted up a Computer Sales Rep and had him check the system. He told me 46 16GB were coming in and 40 32GB were coming. I don't know how many tickets they gave out this morning, but I'm guessing, much like the SW Military store, employees got theirs the night before.

This link works for inventory availability: BestBuy.com - Find It At A Best Buy Store

Check it right at close and you should know which stores will have it the next morning.

I got my confirm from HP yesterday, so I hopefully will have at least one.

Good luck to all.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I checked yesterday at the BB at Alamo Ranch, closest to me, first. The guy gave me the run around too, he just didnt want to deal with me. Then today at the Legacy BB. There they told me that they had around 80 this morning that went in like 10 min. Said it was probably the last shipment they would get.
    I was at Legacy this morning and missed the cutoff by about 10 people. They gave out 100 vouchers and said they would not be getting any more. Really irritating to not get a straight story from them. I was told that they would be getting a few more shipments of them but now they say no more! Sure hope HP comes up with more to sell. Supposedly Costco sent theirs all back so that should give them more to sell. Sure would appreciate a pm if anyone in the San Antonio area hears of more for sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntdean View Post
    I was at Legacy this morning and missed the cutoff by about 10 people. They gave out 100 vouchers and said they would not be getting any more. Really irritating to not get a straight story from them. I was told that they would be getting a few more shipments of them but now they say no more! Sure hope HP comes up with more to sell. Supposedly Costco sent theirs all back so that should give them more to sell. Sure would appreciate a pm if anyone in the San Antonio area hears of more for sell.
    Ha, I'm in your neck of the woods and in the same boat as you... I've missed one bestbuy by a couple of hours and 2 more by a day. It's frustrating that they wouldn't give appropriate info. My wife was gonna check the legacy BB tonight, but I guess they are all out of stock I was @ the Aaron's on I-10 between wurzbach and huebner, they were expecting a shipment, but told me they would only sell with the lease of a laptop. Oh well, might have to go get a few drinks as the Saucer tonight.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You won't believe how close I got. So I arrive just as BB is getting a shipment. I wait around a while and then one of the guys comes out and tells me that there weren't any on the truck. Bummer.

Then I hear this woman talking on her cellphone. She's ranting about how she just returned one of those "crappy Touchpads" 'cause it didn't have enough apps. Then she's complaining to one of the employees about how there aren't any android tablets there for $99.

So I rush over to the customer service counter. It's sitting right there on the counter. I could breath on the darn thing. It was that close. Apparently they aren't putting returns back into the system, but are instead sending them back to HP, regardless of the reason for return. BB will return any other product to the shelves, broken or not, but the one product that is the hot ticket item, they won't. *grumble grumble* I confirmed this with an employee in another part of the store.

Still...why do I get the feeling that it's going home with someone tonight and will be on eBay tomorrow?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I was going to check the one on 78 on Monday, but I got lazy. Was thinking of checking the one in the Forum for kicks.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    I was going to check the one on 78 on Monday, but I got lazy. Was thinking of checking the one in the Forum for kicks.
    do it, i got lucky there on tuesday at around 7 pm, they were just handing them out at the door. good luck
    Last edited by thenoan; 08/26/2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: grammar
    Lots of San Antonians on the forum!

I work in the Legacy center and hit BB up this morning, no dice. Will be checking the Rim later this evening, but not holding my breath.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thenoan View Post
    do it, i got lucky there on tuesday at around 7 pm, they were just handing them out at the door. good luck
    I'll probably hit it up after the gym.