Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 97
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #41  
    I went to the OKC location on 23rd and they had like 5 of the 16gb and I convinced them to sell me one, although they said they were instructed to only lease them. However, the manager was very rude and completely refused to honor the 20% off instant rebate claiming that the item is not retail, at which point I just walked away. $190 is too much. I'd pay $150 to not wait for the next wave, but that's crazy.
  2. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #42  
    I went to 2 Aarons in the Phoenix AZ valley. One was sold out (Greenfiled Rd in Mesa) and the other wouldn't sell their stock (Southern Ave and Val Vista in Mesa). The manager at the second store pointed out all of the stores in the valley are corporate. He also told me Barnes and Noble was sitting on 17,000 pads so I'm not really believing anything he said.

    I'm done hunting so I thought I'd help out.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  3. cdoty's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    I went to 2 Aarons in the Phoenix AZ valley.
    I got the second to last one from the Aarons on Germann Rd in Chandler around 1pm.
  4. #44  
    Erg. All of the stores in atlanta are saying they wont have in for sale till the 1st, and that they will ONLY lease them...
  5. NickA's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdoty View Post
    I got the second to last one from the Aarons on Germann Rd in Chandler around 1pm.
    How much?
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    Erg. All of the stores in atlanta are saying they wont have in for sale till the 1st, and that they will ONLY lease them...
    The guy I spoke with said the might get more on Thurs. which would be the 1st.

    He said there was only a pool of 300 for nationwide. Hmmmm.
  7. #47  
    Thanks a ton for this tip.

    Called several stores in Columbus, Ohio. First one didn't have any. Second one had 5 but weren't giving the 20% discount. Third one didn't have any. Fourth said he had one and would give me the discount.

    Drove the 15 minutes down there and the guy said he didn't realize that someone who had come in earlier to buy two had ended up buying all three. He seemed legit and was really apologetic. Said he could only find one in stock at a store about 30 minutes east of Columbus. I told him about the store that had 5 and he called over there, talked to the manager and still couldn't get him to give me the discount (and told me in so many words that the guy was a d!ck, based on previous experience).

    So, they called the store out east, made sure they'd hold it for me and made sure they'd give me the 20% off. So, I got it for $154 with tax. Worth it to avoid the uncertainty being able to pick one up from the second wave of HP inventory. And still, I think, a great deal.

    Thanks again for the tip.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
  8.    #48  
    You are all welcome!
  9. #49  
    Thanx for posting this. I went the Aarons route. My touchpad is now happily downloading 3.02. I will still try to get one for my brother at firesale price, but at least I can stop being frustrated over not finding one for myself. Now the search for accessories which I probably can't afford for two more weeks if they are still around....
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    11B1P likes this.
  10. #50  
    For those of you with the cases from Aarons and a touchstone, will the touchstone charge the touchpad through the case or will I have to hunt down one from hp?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  11. #51  
    how did you guys get them to sell them? The guy at my store wants to sell em only with a compaq laptop
  12. #52  
    anyone?
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    how did you guys get them to sell them? The guy at my store wants to sell em only with a compaq laptop
    The SMs are pressured to sell a package so it's to to them in the end.
  14. #54  
    I called all mine in my area and they all said they would be getting some in soon. Only one told me they would be bundled with a laptop though. I got my name on a list at one of the stores.
  15. #55  
    how can I convince them
  16. #56  
    DJ just call around to different stores. Mine was selling them and didn't even mention a bundle tho they told me they couldn't give the 20% discount for cash, when I know for a fact they can if they want. I just wanted one and I knew in advance they weren't going to go down in price, so I'm satisfied. Some stores are corporate and some are franchised, I don't know how to tell which is which, but you may have better luck with one franchised.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  17. #57  
    no luck
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by lowoncreativity View Post
    Thanks a ton for this tip.

    Called several stores in Columbus, Ohio. First one didn't have any. Second one had 5 but weren't giving the 20% discount. Third one didn't have any. Fourth said he had one and would give me the discount.

    Drove the 15 minutes down there and the guy said he didn't realize that someone who had come in earlier to buy two had ended up buying all three. He seemed legit and was really apologetic. Said he could only find one in stock at a store about 30 minutes east of Columbus. I told him about the store that had 5 and he called over there, talked to the manager and still couldn't get him to give me the discount (and told me in so many words that the guy was a d!ck, based on previous experience).

    So, they called the store out east, made sure they'd hold it for me and made sure they'd give me the 20% off. So, I got it for $154 with tax. Worth it to avoid the uncertainty being able to pick one up from the second wave of HP inventory. And still, I think, a great deal.

    Thanks again for the tip.
    Wow you got lucky. I went to the one on Hamilton road yesterday and the manager was a complete ******bag. Where did you get one at?
  19. #59  
    btw my store has 8 of em and a store 20 minutes away has them in stock but both refuse to sell them
  20. xcrico's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    btw my store has 8 of em and a store 20 minutes away has them in stock but both refuse to sell them
    same with the stores in my area
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions