Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    They wont sell without PC bundle in San Antonio...
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Aaron's is holding their stock for their 3 best customers but they do have them on hand. I just left the store.
    None here in the Louisville, KY area, just called all the stores.
    have them in kansas, but wont price match to best buy, only leasing places. Wanted to sell me for 170 for 16 gigs but then an email came and they stopped selling
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Welp, I called five stores in Houston... one would put me on a list for their monday delivery but I'd have to RTO with a computer... one said he thought they were getting them NEXT MONTH(??)... two said no... and the last one said they were getting them Monday and he wasn't sure if he could sell it to me alone. I guess monday "when the trucks come in" may be the best chance I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigedschukar View Post
    Welp, I called five stores in Houston... one would put me on a list for their monday delivery but I'd have to RTO with a computer... one said he thought they were getting them NEXT MONTH(??)... two said no... and the last one said they were getting them Monday and he wasn't sure if he could sell it to me alone. I guess monday "when the trucks come in" may be the best chance I have.
    I just called 3. The Aarons on 1960 and Veterans Memorial have some for 179 but said nothing about a case when I called.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Got one from Aarons.

I got the four stories mentioned here, "Only with HP laptop rental", "Available in Sept.", "Didn't have any", and finally "$179.99". Unfortunately I was unable to get the 20% off on retail purchases. So, that put my cost at about $190, which is close to the cheapest EBay price, but I didn't support someone selling on EBay or Craigslist, got a leather case, and didn't have to worry about it being some sort of scam.

There was one left in Chandler AZ (Germann Rd.) when I left.

The case I got isn't the HP folio case. Maybe it's an iPad case, not sure though. It seems like a quality product, and fit the tablet nicely. Does the TouchPad not support swiping left of the button to go back?
    Last edited by cdoty; 08/26/2011 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    I just called 3. The Aarons on 1960 and Veterans Memorial have some for 179 but said nothing about a case when I called.

THAT GUY TOLD ME NO!!!! UGH!!! lol
    I called less than an hour ago.

10.    #30  
    Seems to be a little YMMV. What I posted this morning is what I was told. When I arrived, they tried pulling the bait and switch on me. I was told that the TouchPad was not eligible for the instant rebate. I was also told that it is supposed to be sold in a bundle, but what the memo mentions about separating is that they aren't allowed to split the TouchPad from the case. Aaron's was supposed to be an exclusive retailer, of its type of business and is, and were supposed to receive up to 500,000. I called corporate after I was told the 20% instant-rebate wouldn't stack. I spoke with the manager while waiting on a call-back from a corporate manager and informed him that the case was no longer selling for $49.99 at HP.com. He checked, and let me walk out the door with 2 TouchPad's. With tax I spent $154 on each 16GB TouchPad with case. As someone mentioned, it isn't the HP Folio case, however it is very nice. I'm pleasantly surprised and believe I actually like it better. Remember, be polite but persistent. You'll get it!
  11.    #31  
    Oh and I forgot. The $99/mos bundle is correct and is already printed for a ad for next week. However, because all Aaron's began receiving the TouchPad's beginning yesterday, they were completely unaware of the price drops until today and many are still going by what they were briefed on for the original, pre-firesale inventory. Also, I made it very obvious that I had seen the 20% instant rebate for cash or credit purchases on both their website and front windows. Neither of which had any sort of exclusions. At this point, I don't believe they can argue much. It comes down to who the more persistent one may be.
  12.    #32  
    Oh and they ALL have cases included. When you purchase the item, you receive a drop-shipped box which contains a note from HP about 3 months of free Butler Service and a thank you note from Aaron's for the purchase. Underneath these items are a sealed case and a sealed TouchPad (in retail box).
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I called customer service and the guy said you might be able to get one from a franchise store but probably not a corporate owned store, all the stores in my state are corporate, darn.
    All of these rental places are ****ing scumbags, called up Aaron's on the phone, the girl said they have Touchpads and their policy is to price match or you get $100. I go in, the manger comes out and says they can't sell them for any less than $180 cash because of some directive. He then tries to say no price match is valid because they include some special case. I told him I didn't want a case, he said it's not possible to do because the case is INSIDE the box. I told him to show me, and he brings out a brown shipping box, with a sealed Touchpad inside and a case on top of it. I told him the TP is still sealed and the case is not in HP's retail box. He still didn't care. Waste of gas, complete ****ing scumbags.
  15.    #35  
    The case is made by Oker.
    Just got one at the Framingham store in MA. $148 out the door with the case. The case is actually very nice. I am happy and now the madness can stop. I am done looking. 16 GB by the way.

This is the case: slightly different from the picture, made for IPAD 1, no camera cut out in the back.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TCQXHY/...SIN=B004TCQXHY
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTreo View Post
    Just got one at the Framingham store in MA. $148 out the door with the case. The case is actually very nice. I am happy and now the madness can stop. I am done looking. 16 GB by the way.

This is the case: slightly different from the picture, made for IPAD 1, no camera cut out in the back.

Amazon.com: Oker Apple Ipad 2 Wifi/3g Case Cover with stand-black Premium Leather Case Cover for All Ipad 2 Model: Electronics
    Dang dude, I called and they're OOS. Bummer.

I asked the guy, and he said that they were selling it for $179.99. How did you get it for $148??
    I went to each one of these stores in person.

The Aaron's in Texas City, TX said they only come with a leased laptop.

The Webster, TX store said they shipped them back, because they were told to, so they could be bundled with a lease next month (5 days).

The Pearland, TX said they are out of stock and don't expect any more in.

3 stores, 3 different answers. At least 2 of them are lying, and none of them wanted my money.
    Swift,

I truly got lucky I guess. The manager took pity on me. Hey I know there are bigger problems in the world today that trump finding a HP Touchpad but the manager was sympathetic to my plight and gave me a good deal. So I ended up paying the $100 for the TouchPad and $39.99 for the case plus tax. The case is worth at best $29.99 so I overpaid by most $10.

I am just so darn happy to get this off my plate and end my search. Honestly if I had to interact with another rude BB employee I was going to just give up. I always tried to remain polite and understanding but the BB employees took in personally when I went to the store and inquired about new shipments. I would typically go at 3:00 pm and honestly there were little to no customers in the store so I wasn't taking away from their typical duties. But the venom that the BB folks spoke with was amazing. Almost like someone gave them a license to abuse the customers including me. BB showed their true colors during this crisis so to speak.

Best of look to all in their search.
    I stopped at a Tampa location and they had already sold their 5.

They were trying to get more in a week- I asked to "order" one, lol. So if it does not come in, I get refunded. worth a try. Did not have to bundle, got the 20% off the top.

The person I spoke with was the sales manger. I have receipts and his card.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast