Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By rawrcat
  • 1 Post By shrxwin
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    That was one of the reasons why I kept the TP after it got discontinued and I've been given the run around regardless of who I talked to at HP/Palm. Anyone else go this route?
    Huh?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    The $50 credit they gave out to "early adopters" after they dropped the price by $100.
    I don't understand what you are planning to file the dispute over.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    If you pre/ordered your HP TouchPad before the $100.00 price drop, check www.palm.com/profile for your promo code. I used mine for the first time yesterday.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    This thread is going places
    nyquistjack and tmark86 like this.
    I'm having a problem right now with the fact that I can't change my promo code for any of the new ones that manufacturers are sending out.

I tried downloading the 6-pack of free programs from the Palm blog, but it charged it to my $50 credit account. There is no way to change promo codes, and they are telling me that, if I want to use new promo codes, I have to "consume" the old (HP) promo code.
    <scratches head>
    You can't file a credit card dispute for something like that. If they shipped the product to you, and it worked, then you have no case. Your CC company does not care about perks that may have been promised to owners after the fact.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I'm having a problem right now with the fact that I can't change my promo code for any of the new ones that manufacturers are sending out.

I tried downloading the 6-pack of free programs from the Palm blog, but it charged it to my $50 credit account. There is no way to change promo codes, and they are telling me that, if I want to use new promo codes, I have to "consume" the old (HP) promo code.
    I had the same problem but figured out a work-around. Go (on your touchpad's web browser) to the promo code forum here at PreCentral, and click on one. An expired one is fine. It should bring up the app store and tell you the promo code is no longer valid or whatever. Do it twice if you want to be sure. That should clear your $50 promo code out of memory, and then allow you to go in and get the 6-pack one at a time using those codes.

After you are done you can reenter your $50 credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post

Bogus!
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    OMG! I haven't read any threads about the 6pack credit, i just followed the links on my TP for the 3 i didn't already own and click through to use Promo Code - no idea it was consuming the $50 i've been saving for some upcoming apps. Holy Heck I will have to read up some more and figure out who if anyone has gotten this 'fixed' since I was pretty sure i followed the directions. ggrrrrr...
    When I bring up the browser and try to follow the links, it takes it to another browser, not the App Catalog. Am I doing something wrong?
  14. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    for the guys trying to get the 6-pack, I think you missed out. The instructions said they would be around till the 31st but it also said, "limited quantities". Not in those exact words but close enough to it.

to this other guy complaining about not getting the app credit...I didn't get mine either and think its laughable for someone to complain about not receiving something after HP made this wonderful device as cheap as they did and made it affordable for the masses. I understand if one feels entitled because they were an early adopter, i feel almost the same but also feel like I haven't missed anything because I got almost all of my money back. I feel like I got the device for free. I would really feel like I got the device for free if I got the app credit and the early adopter rebate, that would be 100 dollars off of the 129 I ended up spending on the TP after the rebate.

on the other hand...if you are one of those users that wasn't able to get the rebate, then I do understand your frustration cause I know I would've been frustrated if Costco didn't start honoring the reduced price and I had to do a return and get a refund on my touchpad instead of getting the rebate.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Hi Bo - you're correct, and I did get over my unexpected $10 loss this morning when I put it in perspective - getting the adjusted price after originally spending 600, the adopter credit and maybe someday the $50 rebate - how could i possibly complain?! life is good Clarice
    nhavar likes this.
    I've used my $50 credit before the 6-pack offer and the 6-pack codes worked fine. Try restarting the TP before using the new codes.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Glad I had not put my $50 promo into the TP before I used the sixpack last night.
    Here is another workaround for the next time they do an app pack.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Here is another workaround for the next time they do an app pack.
    thanks for the link - the Glimpse link in that post worked - the other links I'd tried earlier today weren't connecting me to the app catalog.

ironically, now that I've cleared the code - it's the weekend and I'll probably finally decide which apps to spend the rest of the money on hahaha

Clarice
    I found my problem - I was using Enhanced Browser instead of the regular browser that came with the Touchpad. Using the default browser worked it out, but I had missed the cutoff.

Thanks, anyway! I'll know for next time.