Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronk View Post
    This is to keep your buddy happy with them in the hope he'll use the discount code and spend some money on their site.

I would suggest that the likelihood of a 3rd party vendor customer services rep. knowing a genuine fairly big scoop not broken by a single tech news site and casually letting it slip in a form email is around 0.0001%.
    So you're saying there's a chance...lol
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    "but they don't have none in stock" lol
    So, this means they have some, but are keeping them for their employees...
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    A buddy of mine just forwarded the following message to me after getting an order cancellation notice from an online vendor. Take it with a grain of salt.

Hello *********,

We have spoken to our distributor and was just informed that HP is retracting it's initial announcement in regards to discounting the HP Touch-pad, which was the reason for the massive price drop. HP has informed our distributor that they will continue to manufacture the HP touch-pad in the future, but they don't have none in stock, and they don't expect to have anymore in production until Oct 2011. Because of this, all orders for the HP Touch-pad will be canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience, and would like to offer a 10% discount (on your entire purchase) for a future order you place with us. That's our way of saying thank you for your patience and understanding. Just place your order and email us code: HPDIS10 to receive your discount. If you have any further questions please feel free to email or call us Monday thru Friday from 9AM to 5PM Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you!

Yolanda
    This is just a variation of the bait 'n switch scam. Advertise a much in demand product that you don't have and try to get the shopper to buy something else.
    Take with a grain of salt but I talked with a distributor this morning on the phone who said something similar. It was that DataTech, the largest distributor for technology was ticked with HP because of how the whole touchpad thing was handled and demanded that HP fulfill the 100K+ orders by the end of the week, otherwise they would drop them as a vendor. HP reportedly promised to fulfill the orders. That is what the guy said... I can't verify it though.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I'm sure the factory will finish building everything the could with parts on hand or on order, and that they committed to take a certain volume from the factory. So more touchpad doesn't mean Leo came to his senses - just that the pipeline isn't empty yet.
    so whats next for webos? will it die off? will someone buy it?

im just very sad the current state of it. i see webos internals will continue on but for how long?
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    so whats next for webos? will it die off? will someone buy it?

im just very sad the current state of it. i see webos internals will continue on but for how long?
    If someone doesn't buy them now, it'll either be a) HP botching the sale somehow or b) an incredible opportunity wasted and by that I mean if someone doesn't buy them while people are crawling all over themselves to pick one of their devices up then I really don't want to hear HTC,Samsung or LG complain about the economy, EVER. AGAIN. You'd have to be a complete moron not to at least inquire HP about licensing or an outright purchase at this point. How many products get this type of exposure? This type of attention? I couldn't care less of the circumstances behind all the attention - the fact is it IS getting an unprecedented amount of exposure for a consumer electronics device and most companies would have to pay more in advertising than HP is actually losing off their firesale losses to even come close to this type of exposure.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12