Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Been in line at Best Buy in N.Atlanta area (Duluth) since 8:30am est and the truck FINALLY arrived...Best Buy rep said they received approximately 100 touchpads...half and half..both sizes...we are being given tickets now
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    get 2 & sell me 1, please!
    how did you know the best buy would be getting a shipment?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Best Buy Northlake also got a shipment. People camped out overnight and by the time I got there (10am) they were sold out.

Have we ever had overnight camp outs for a DISCONTINUED product? HP I will say this... you sure have an interesting way to succeed at viral marketing.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    yaboikj I am in Northlake. Any reason for me to get in my car and drive out there, or are there more buyers than tps?
  6.    #6  
    Here is the ticket we are being given....
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    get 2 & sell me 1, please!
    I would love too ...lol...problem is they r giving out tickets and u only get one ticket and must choose your size immediately...these reps r acting like the secret service lol
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Anyone waiting in San Francisco?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    yaboikj I am in Northlake. Any reason for me to get in my car and drive out there, or are there more buyers than tps?
    75 ppl in line...100 touchpads ...idk man..its a judgment call.. its almost noon and u know Atl traffic on a friday lol
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    it's the thought that counts! How'd you know they'd be getting a shipment?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Best Buy Northlake also got a shipment. People camped out overnight and by the time I got there (10am) they were sold out.

Have we ever had overnight camp outs for a DISCONTINUED product? HP I will say this... you sure have an interesting way to succeed at viral marketing.
    Yes sirrrrrrrr I agree with...ppl were camped out since 4am.. I pulled up to the store like "wowwwww *** "lol
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    So did you ask anyone in line if they even knew what WebOS is? Or if they had any idea what they were getting? Or if they are picking them up for someone else?
  13.    #13  
    it's the thought that counts! How'd you know they'd be getting a shipment?
    I know right lol...I knew becuz I have harrassing them all week since I missed Wednesday's touchpads by 15 ppl...So customer service said check Friday morning and well here I am!!! :-)
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    So did you ask anyone in line if they even knew what WebOS is? Or if they had any idea what they were getting? Or if they are picking them up for someone else?
    Actually yes I did...this "moron" said "Ummmmm,isn't it like the I-touch thingy"?!?!?...ugh I wanted to throw my ice cold Sonic Slush on him...but it was hot in that line outside the store and I needed that slush....lol
    NickA likes this.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    congrats, dude...sounds like you earned yours!
  16.    #16  
    congrats, dude...sounds like you earned yours!
    Thanks alot man....3 1/2 hours and 4shades darker, I would say its happy hour time now!! Booo-yaaaa :-)
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    does your bestbuy not open at 10am?
    are they giving out tickets before opening doors?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by resteasy View Post
    does your bestbuy not open at 10am?
    are they giving out tickets before opening doors?
    Yes they open at 10am...and had us all waiting in the heat until about 30mins ago...they were unloading,counting, and preparing tickets the whole time...
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I was wondering when I should head over to my bestbuy. It's 8:45 pacific now. I'm at work but it's just down the road so I was going to sneak out for a little or take an extremely early lunch.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by resteasy View Post
    I was wondering when I should head over to my bestbuy. It's 8:45 pacific now. I'm at work but it's just down the road so I was going to sneak out for a little or take an extremely early lunch.
    Be prepared..just fyi :-)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast