Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    After waiting another 2 hours at Bestbuy and then being told they had none, again. I posted a wanted add on craigslist saying I was willing to pay 200. Within 10 minutes someone called and within another 10 minutes I had a (kinda) shiny, (almost) new TP in my hands. I couldn't even wait to get home so I pulled into a parking lot, fired up free tether, and started setting it up. Next stop preware and overclocking.

How many others broke down and bought one on craigslist or ebay?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i want to see after the next fire-sale, i would like to pay $170 for a 16gb off of ebay or craigslist but don't know if that's just wishful thinking.
    You should be able to find one for $170. I sold an extra one I had on CL for $150!
    I won't break down on CL. I'm still hopeful to get one, or that somebody will get webos (buy/license) and I'll have a tablet in a year that's better. Call me crazy, but I'm optimistic webos is not dead.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerwenger View Post
    i want to see after the next fire-sale, i would like to pay $170 for a 16gb off of ebay or craigslist but don't know if that's just wishful thinking.
    Check out ebay and notice the number of bids are decreasing per unit and so are the final bids. They started off at $300+ now they are ending around $200 and many of the 16GB with starting bids up near $190 have 0 bids with a couple hours left. There is hope.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    I'd hold out another week or two. You'll get a 16GB for under 150.00 from eBay or CL.
    My guess is in a month you will find some unlucky hoarders or someone who realizes they don't actually have a use for a tablet .Who are willing to sell you them at almost what they paid. Because most people I talked to had no idea what they were buying just that they needed one because everyone else was buying them and they heard about the pad thingie from a friend or online.(The ones who weren't flipping them at least)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I'd hold out another week or two. You'll get a 16GB for under 150.00 from eBay or CL.
    That's what I'm currently doing. Even $200 is awesome price for NIB TP. After all the firesales and emptied merchant reserves there will be tons of the TPs on the free market. No need to hurry.
    When I bought my Maemo-linux powered N900, its future was doomed.
    When I bought my WebOS powered Touchpad, its future was uncertain.
    IAmA multitasking necrophile!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I got a 32gb from Best Buy on Sunday (for myself) and then bought a 16gb that same day from a CL seller for $175 with the intention of giving it to our mother-in-law as a gift. She doesn't have a computer and doesn't know how to use them so we are hoping she'll take to the Touchpad for email/web. I setup wifi in her house a few months ago so if she can figure out how to use the o/s that will be great.

Funny the CL seller says he was getting a lot of hate mail from buyers who were outraged that he was asked so much since he paid $99 (plus tax). He said "I got up early and was at Walmart at 7am to get this and these buyers think I should give it away for what I paid". Hell I thought it was worth the $75 (even less with tax/gasoline) I paid him to snag me a 2nd touchpad!! Would you pay someone $75 to get up early, drive to Walmart, stand in line, drive home, post an ad on CL, drive to meet me, and then drive home? Seems like a pretty good deal to me!

I'm sorry folks - but I believe in the free market system, he should be able get whatever he can for the touchpad. That's the beauty of our economic system, energetic and entrepreneurial people can make money based on the wants/needs of consumers. I cannot believe the liberals are actually posting hate messages on the CL for sale forums telling buyers not to pay $200 for a touchpad. These liberal wackos have forgotten the economic principles this country was founded on!
    Last edited by w4rmk; 08/26/2011 at 11:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticrobot View Post
    That's what I'm currently doing. Even $200 is awesome price for NIB TP. After all the firesales and emptied merchant reserves there will be tons of the TPs on the free market. No need to hurry.
    Yeah, 150.00 is my cutoff for a NIB 16GB. I'll wait it out. I want to make a built-in in the kitchen for it and use it as a message center, calendar, etc. Kind of like a cork board, without the cork.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Yep. A lot of folks like me passed over the staples deal a few weeks back when you could get one for $300, because at that price you can get a netbook which will do a whole lot more. At $99 it's a different story, especially for a WebOS fan.

People are in a feeding frenzy right now, so prices are higher than they should be in saner times. I expect in a few weeks those prices will drop as many folks find out it doesn't do al they want, and putting android on them looks techie/hard to them. A lot of folks who bought or were given one find it sits around unused a lot. And in a couple months the hardware will start to look mediocre as newer shiner, faster tablets are released by companies still making them. An unsupported, non-cutting edge tablet will lose value fast.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I was ready to break on tuesday morning at 01:00. There was not really any news of a UK fire sale throughout monday and and we were all scouring ebay and HP waiting for a good deal to come by without being snatched up.

I had just about given up on and was bidding for anything under 150 when my GF said she just reserved one on the PCworld site at 115!!! ...been checking the site all day but there was no activity what so ever, and there they were....My Precious!

Any who, after 15mins of trying to reserve one in my area they finally updated the stock lists and it was mine

Picked it up Tuesday afternoon and now I am here. Hello!

fin
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Prices will drop for sure in the coming weeks. I want a 32gb, but I'm not going to pay more than 175 bc I've been working much harder than most ppl who already have one!

Was talking with someone on here local to me and both of us missed out bc we both have jobs and can't be in line at 5am waiting for one.
    I think even @ 299 it's a steal!
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maduhbee View Post
    I think even @ 299 it's a steal!
    I agree. That's why I had no problem spending 200, which was my limit, not because I don't think its worth more but because that's all my "spending money" budget is pretty much for the entire year lol. Now that I've had it for a whole 6 hours I'm even happier with my decision. Sure their are some bugs, but its Webos and that's what makes it awesome!