1.    #1  
    Hello
    I have a brand new TP, there are loads of us out there.
    And in my rush i did not notice that is near impossible to get devioces connected to a TP!

Does anybody know how i might be able to get the TP to read pictures off and SD card, either in a reader or in camera?
    - WITHOUT using a laptop computer.

WOuld dearly love to be able to just take camera and TP on holiday, rather than bulk of a laptop.

many thanks
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Not gonna happen, unless your camera has WiFi access. There are SDHC cards that have bluetooth transfer built in but probably won't connect to the TP. I've heard some cards that can upload your photos directly to Web photo accounts, but never used them. Sorry! The USB connector on the TP does not have Host capabilities.
    Try an Airstash.

From their website, "AirStash stores your movies, music, photos, and documents and wirelessly shares them with your phone, media player, netbook, tablet, computer, and more. Use AirStash like a USB flash drive to drag & drop the files you want to your SD card while charging the built-in lithium polymer battery, then unplug & play on all of your browser-enabled WiFi devices*. "
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrabble65 View Post
    Hello
    I have a brand new TP, there are loads of us out there.
    And in my rush i did not notice that is near impossible to get devioces connected to a TP!

Does anybody know how i might be able to get the TP to read pictures off and SD card, either in a reader or in camera?
    - WITHOUT using a laptop computer.

WOuld dearly love to be able to just take camera and TP on holiday, rather than bulk of a laptop.

many thanks
    Read this thread.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Buy and eye-fi SD card and port android onto your TP. I had the same problem but I have an ipod touch so I paired that with the eye-fi card. I can just upload the pictures online from my ipod now and then download them to my TP since it still has webos.
    Yeah, one of the things I don't like is that when I travel I still have to bring a laptop along if I want to transfer pictures onto my TouchPad via USB, box.net or email instead of just plugging the SD card into the USB port. My question is it even possible for the homebrew community to come up with an app so I can transfer photos by plugging a standard USB to micro USB adapter and a SD card reader into the TouchPad?
    So what the heck is the point of the micro sd port at the bottom of my touchpad? just for charging? that can't be right!!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Would one of these eye-fi cards connect to a freetether hotspot? If so we would just need to be able to run freetether on the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by riccardocarchedi View Post
    So what the heck is the point of the micro sd port at the bottom of my touchpad? just for charging? that can't be right!!
    Its a micro USB port, and yes its just for charging or connecting to your computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by hankbuddy View Post
    Would one of these eye-fi cards connect to a freetether hotspot? If so we would just need to be able to run freetether on the touchpad.
    I'm interested in this to. From my understanding, a eye-fi SD card broadcasts the content of the card via wi-fi. If you can get the camera and the touchpad onto the same wifi network, the Touchpad can sense the card and pull all the picture off it and onto it's gallery? And a 4gb Eye Fi SD card costs about $40?

That sounds like a reasonable proposition until such time as the WebOs community manages to develop an app that allows the Touchpad to host thru its micro USB port.