Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    At 99 dollars this touchpad was a steal. I love mine and I already have 2 iPad's. However, at close to 300.00 this is not worth it. You can get a refurbed iPad for 299 right now. Full warranty and an app store that is well stocked and will be supported for years to come.

I am happy with my Touchpad and I love the enthusiasm of this forum but at the current ebay prices unless you really have a compelling reason to want a Touchpad, the iPad is a much better deal.

The touchpad is so much more polished than most android tablets, the email is awsome. I wish HP did not just give up on it. If anyone could have gone against apple and been the solid #2 player in this game it should have been HP.

I will wait and see if I can get a few in the coming months at more realistic prices...
    An iPad may be a better choice for those who aren't particular about their OS. I can afford a full priced iPad 2 but I have no interest in it because it's not webOS (my preferred OS).

I own an iPod Touch which I only use for one app for my work. If I could get that app or something similar on webOS, I'd be done with iOS.

You also have to keep in mind that for some folks (a lot outside of the U.S.), eBay will be their only option to buy a Touchpad.

I wish the webOS faithful had first crack at the firesale Touchpads but we didn't.
    I just spent 245 on a 32 GB on eBay from a 100% rated hp authorized seller. I am developer and gave up. The damn work driving around would eventually cost me that much in gas anyway.
    i agree with this. i hope they get stuck with all the stock they bought in an effort to screw everyone. all it will do is drive the price back to a resonable level if noone buys from them.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    i agree with this. i hope they get stuck with all the stock they bought in an effort to screw everyone. all it will do is drive the price back to a resonable level if noone buys from them.
    They will get stuck with them. This isn't the Nintendo Wii from a few years ago. No one wants a TP for more than the 99.00 or 149.00.
    We are all adults here -- well most of us are. Each potential buyer has to evaluate his/her situation and decide what is best. As with any purchase, the buyer should beware of the potential pitfalls surrounding the purchase.

Here at PreCentral, we are allowing links to commercial sellers in the TouchPad forum. Private sales or trades can only be posted in the Marketplace Forum. eBay sales would fall under the category of private sale.

<<thread closed>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/26/2011 at 09:06 AM.