Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I haven't seen anyone else with this problem so I don't know what solution there may be -

I bought 2 new 16gb touchpads in the firesale and have started using one of them, everything seems to work, load etc however it constantly suffers from random reboots. (screen goes to HP logo for about 10 seconds then comes back to life with no apps running)

It happens when i'm doing almost anything but is intermittent so I can't pinpoint the cause.

I've tried running it with all the recommended patches which didn't help so I did a secure full erase then ran webOS doctor and that didn't fix it so I did another webOS doctor and it's still suffering from random reboots and i'm at a loss over how to fix it and am thinking i should just bin it and hope the other one I bought doesn't have the same problems?

Does anyone have any ideas on what else I could try?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    It comes with a year warranty right? Use it
    With my pre- the battery would come lose and cause random reboots, but I bout that is the case with the TP.
    Have you updated to 3.0.2? I had the same problem with a 32GB model purchased a month before, and 3.0.2 solved it.
    Did you update to 3.0.2? That fixes a lot of the random crashing.
    If you don't want them...let me know, I do! I'm sure their are 12 others here who will also take them off your hands. Sorli...
    yes i'll be willing to take one off ur hands
    lespaulman67 likes this.
    webdr it back to factory 3.0.2 if it still happens its a hardware problem and get a new one.

same thing happened on my pre 2 and a replacement fixed it.
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    lespaulman67 likes this.
    Warranty the way to go. One thought. if they cant fix the TP what do they send back since they will be out of stock. I assume its a refund for most?
  10. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Does it happen when you have a lot of cards open or running flash or something? Sounds like it's just a memory overload or something maybe. Not familiar enough with webOS to really know though.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Call HP, they should be able to help you fix it over the phone. If you can't update, HP can help you doctor it. It's a very easy procedure to do, I did it for my wife's tp. If all else fails.....throw it in my trash
    What why are we helping someone who doesnt appreciate the product and likely never will regardless of how *fixed* it is. I same let him throw in the trash and let some kid who actually wants but cant afford a tablet buy it and maybe become a developer someday.
    just sell me one :-)
    are you playing PDK games? That's probably the issue. Minor bugs that will be fixed over time.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I'd send it in. In pretty heavy use since I got mine (which, admittedly, has only been 6 days), and overclocked...I've not experienced a single reboot. (well, at least one that I didn't initiate. )
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    If you don't want them...let me know, I do! I'm sure their are 12 others here who will also take them off your hands. Sorli...
    +1000
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    So where did the OP go? Must be he got it working, or threw it in the trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by onezero32 View Post
    I haven't seen anyone else with this problem so I don't know what solution there may be -

I bought 2 new 16gb touchpads in the firesale and have started using one of them, everything seems to work, load etc however it constantly suffers from random reboots. (screen goes to HP logo for about 10 seconds then comes back to life with no apps running)

It happens when i'm doing almost anything but is intermittent so I can't pinpoint the cause.

I've tried running it with all the recommended patches which didn't help so I did a secure full erase then ran webOS doctor and that didn't fix it so I did another webOS doctor and it's still suffering from random reboots and i'm at a loss over how to fix it and am thinking i should just bin it and hope the other one I bought doesn't have the same problems?

Does anyone have any ideas on what else I could try?
    Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to fix this ... you should just throw it in the trash... PM me and I'll give you the address of the nearest trash bin!
    I'm having this issue too, just received mine yesterday. I can't use my touchpad for more than a few seconds without it returning to the HP logo and restarting, I've tried OTA then webos Doctor on both 3.0 and 3.0.2 several times, to no avail, system boots then crashes when I start loading anything.
    Also, it had quite a few failed installations where the touchpad would lock up and I would have to restart the process.
    I'm going with faulty hardware on this one. My only issue is, as previously mentioned, I wouldn't want to send the touchpad back for a refund. I'm a little worried they won't be able to fix the unit or have a replacement considering the firesale situation.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I'm sure they are keeping enough for warranty purposes. They'll take yours, send you a replacement, fix yours and send it to the next person that has a problem. Rinse, lather, repeat.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast