Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Falsefaith
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I got a new Touchpad and I am loving it, the webOS is so much better than people have been describing.

My only problem is that when I got the tablet the battery indicator was working and in the first day I used it so much I took it from 100% down to 12%.

Now I charged it up over night and this morning it showed 100% as expected. It has stayed at 100% for ages now and I have been doing some demanding things. I did a stream of 720p video for 30mins while i was busy to see f the battery would go down but it hasn't.

Is there any reason its doing this and is there a fix?

So far I have just done a few reboots but to no avail. Its fully up to date also.
    Look up Dr. Battery, it's found in Preware. I do not know if it has been adjusted to work with TouchPad or not. Might be an idea to read through this thread and find out.

Or you could message Somline, who wrote the app.
    How long has your battery stayed at 100%? I turned my brightness all the way down (the thing is too bright), charged my Touchpad up, connected it to the bluetooth on my truck's stereo, streamed music to the stereo for over an hour and 10 minutes and it stayed at 100% the whole time. I normally put it to good use throughout the day (12 hours) and when I get home it still has about 62% charge. My wife gets the same on hers. It has a really good battery once it is charged fully.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Same issue here. I'm a bit worried =/
    WOW my first post in 1.5 years since my old sprint pre.

Anyway to answer your question is the touchpad is really good at battery life. But it could just be the battery life is still calibrating so it needs to charge and drain a few times. I've had my tp since july and it still has over 90% after using it for about an hour. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Look up Dr. Battery, it's found in Preware. I do not know if it has been adjusted to work with TouchPad or not. Might be an idea to read through this thread and find out.

Or you could message Somline, who wrote the app.
    Thanks sledge ;-)
    With the new devices (Veer, Pre3 and TouchPad) Dr.Battery can't calibrate but shows all values.
    I'm afraid that calibration will never be supported on these devices since the battery driver isn't open source anymore and the interface has changed (A6 chip).
    When I get the time I will update dr.b to work in fullscreen on the TP.
    Battery in gauge staying at 100% despite prolonged use.

Haven't found this mentioned ANYWHERE else but here so was at least happy to know I'm not the only one seeing this!

Has anyone learned anything about the cause of this? Is Dr. Battery a resource for insight / solution into this?

Thanks in advance for any reply! Sorry, I'm hit and miss on the tech know-how front....
    I use a touchstone and my TP is my coffee table tablet....sits on the charger all the time unless I decide to stretch out on the couch...the indicator is always green and...the few times I took her on the road the battery lasted all day with moderate to little heavy use..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekingjr View Post
    Battery in gauge staying at 100% despite prolonged use.

Haven't found this mentioned ANYWHERE else but here so was at least happy to know I'm not the only one seeing this!

Has anyone learned anything about the cause of this? Is Dr. Battery a resource for insight / solution into this?

Thanks in advance for any reply! Sorry, I'm hit and miss on the tech know-how front....
    Hi and welcome mikekingjr,
    the systemmenu (top right) is getting it's information through some webOS programs where Dr.Battery gets it from very low level linux. It would be interesting if you could compare the reading of the systemmenu with the readings from Dr.Battery. You probably will find differences in there.
    Please post your findings.
    Hello Community. I just updated my Touchpad's system today. And I just noticed that my Battery Indicator is stuck on 100%.

Has anyone figured this issue out? I can't tell if Dr. Battery is a fix or is it just a way for us to view the true battery life?

Thank you for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by falsefaith View Post
    I can't tell if Dr. Battery is a fix or is it just a way for us to view the true battery life?

Thank you for the help.
    Dr.B only let you view the battery values coming from the chip inside the battery.
    With the older devices (Pre-/+/2 and Veer -/+) Dr.B. is able to help calibrating and even to reprogram the health and manufacturer rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Dr.B only let you view the battery values coming from the chip inside the battery.
    With the older devices (Pre-/+/2 and Veer -/+) Dr.B. is able to help calibrating and even to reprogram the health and manufacturer rating.
    The program looks extremely well put together, calibrate would be an awesome addition to the tablet. I downloaded it to my touchpad through WebOSQuickInstall and for whatever reason, my battery indicator works again.

Possible Solution
    It's odd, but maybe it will work for other people. I simply plugged my touchpad to my computer and installed Dr. Battery (opened the program and looked at the battery's health). Not even sure if the install was needed, but the battery indicator isn't frozen anymore.
    Last edited by falsefaith; 01/20/2012 at 11:33 AM.
    The program looks extremely well put together. But, I guess the battery indicator issue is still a mystery then?
    Since nobody answered my last post:
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    It would be interesting if you could compare the reading of the systemmenu with the readings from Dr.Battery. You probably will find differences in there.
    Please post your findings.
    I don't know.
    Sorry about neglecting your post. I just got so excited at the fact the indicator started to work again... it was annoying.

In any case, there is a difference in the readings:
    Battery Indicator: 91%
    Dr. Battery - Actual: 87%

But so far the difference is consistent. Always staying at a 4% difference.
    Sorry about neglecting your post. I just got so excited at the fact the indicator started to work again... it was annoying.

In any case, there is a difference in the readings:
    Battery Indicator: 91%
    Dr. Battery - Actual: 87%

But so far the difference is consistent. Always staying at a 4% difference.
    No problem :-)
    This is the normal difference between the systemmenu and the real value.
    The interesting question is when you get 100% from sysmenu for couple of hours.
    Good it works for you now.
    My tablet was stuck at 100% (green indicator) since yesterday morning (right after the update). I didn't put the tablet through a lot of use, but I did open multiple browser tabs with the brightness at high for periods of time throughout the day. Nothing budged that indicator.

Then today, i plug up my tablet to the laptop and install Dr. Battery and all of the sudden I notice the percentage went to 97%. Unplugged and the percentage has been on a steady decline since. I will use this until its pretty much telling me to go charge the thing.

What I'm a little wary of is once I charge it back up to 100%. Who knows if it will freeze again. I will update if it happens again. Hopefully not. But the best of luck to others with this problem. I restarted this tablet so many times in hopes that it would fix itself and a simple plug up did the trick. odd how things work.
    Artichoke likes this.