1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have a gmail account and due to my friend being hacked, I have set up the verification code functionality - whereby if you login to the account from another machine, it sends a SMS to your phone that you have to enter have you've entered your username and password.

When I try and access gmail through the TP, I can't login. Is there a way around this - as if I use the browser - it doesn't render properly.

Thanks.
  2. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by leighv View Post
    Hi all,

I have a gmail account and due to my friend being hacked, I have set up the verification code functionality - whereby if you login to the account from another machine, it sends a SMS to your phone that you have to enter have you've entered your username and password.

When I try and access gmail through the TP, I can't login. Is there a way around this - as if I use the browser - it doesn't render properly.

Thanks.
    Disable verification codes.
    Re-enable verification codes if you want.
  3. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I didn't set up a verification code for my account because I wasn't sure if I would run into problems later with other devices. Seems like there are still some bugs that need to be worked out. Do you run into this problem using the native email app?
    You need to create app-specific passwords to use on the email/synergy/messaging accounts.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    You need to create app-specific passwords to use on the email/synergy/messaging accounts.
    Sorry for the delay - that doesn't work..... Thanks anyway.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    Disable verification codes.
    Re-enable verification codes if you want.
    If he had access to desktop/laptop and could get into gmail there, why would he need to use his Touchpad to get into gmail? Not a very helpful reply.
    App-specific passwords should work, or at least when I tried it (got annoying so I disabled two factor authentication).

If the account is already set up, you may need to remove it (from the Accounts app) and re-add it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leighv View Post
    Sorry for the delay - that doesn't work..... Thanks anyway.
    I just set it up earlier today and it worked just fine for me. What steps did you do exactly?

For me it was:

On the PC
    Go to Account Settings
    In Account Settings >> Personal Settings >> Security, click on Authorizing applications and sites link
    Type in the name of your device and click on Generate password

Remember to type the password on your TouchPad without spaces.
  9.    #9  
    Many thanks - this worked!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hnzw_rui View Post
    I just set it up earlier today and it worked just fine for me. What steps did you do exactly?

For me it was:

On the PC
    Go to Account Settings
    In Account Settings >> Personal Settings >> Security, click on Authorizing applications and sites link
    Type in the name of your device and click on Generate password

Remember to type the password on your TouchPad without spaces.