Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The other machine recognizes my Veer now. I wouldnt say that this is really about 32/64, but you never know.
    When I plugged the Veer into the 64 bit machine for the first time, it said that the device was not properly installed (but recognized it anyway: it listed a storage controller, but no drive was shown (selected charge only on the Veer)). The 32 bit machine now didnt have that problem (simply said device can now be used) and novacom now doesnt ask for a password.
    On the 64 bit machine, I connected the Veer before having installed the novacom driver. On the 32 bit machine, I installed novacom via the UNI before connecting the Veer. Dont know if thats the important difference either.. ^^
    I am having the same password issue myself, after having installed Novacom using the universal installer, then attempting to install WebOS quik install. This whole process is getting tiring.
    I also had same issues, on Win7, hanging on the splash screen asking for a PW. I clicked enter (without entering a pw) and after about 5 times of 'login failed' messages I got threw.
    +1 having this problem.

TP 64, Win 7 64

Set Dev Mode password
    Applied Dev Mode password when prompted on starting up WOSQI (never had this until connected TP to PC... been running WOSQI for ~20 months!

Anyone?

russ
    I have a similar problem and I had given up trying to solve it. I really wanted to try doing some webOS development but I have not been able to.

Please see Server unexpectedly closed network connection. No one in that forum could help. I am very unfamiliar with all this but it appears that my device says it has topaz-linux which seems to be not normal.

I have given up on getting into webOS developer mode but this seems to be a barrier for installing preware too. If I am unable to install Android when it is adequately developed then it will be a critical problem.

Should I create a new thread for this?
    Last edited by Sam Hobbs; 03/08/2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Added: "Should I create a new thread for this?"
    Sam,

My guess is that you are using the wrong version of the SDK. topaz is the TouchPad.

https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html

Make sure you have the 3.0.5 versions.

Now, the part that makes little sense here, is that you insisted a few times in that thread on the developer site, that your device was in Developer Mode. However, you say here, "I have given up on getting into webOS developer mode". So.. is the device in Developer Mode, and just not responding to the tools properly, OR is the device not in Developer Mode, which would cause it to nto respond to the tools?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    If you don't want to help then please just ignore this. I truly am trying to describe the situation as best as I can. I apologize that my memory is not perfect. I suppose I am unsure of what to describe the situation. When I said it is in developer mode, I mean I did everything up to the point of providing a password. So I am sorry that it is misleading to say tat it was in developer mode.

I really think you did not have to say "insisted". I think that is argumentative. Yes I did say that the device was in developer mode and I admit it is confusing if it was not, but I am trying to describe what is happening. It is totally understandable to say that what I said is confusing; I say that type of thing every day in other forums that I help others in.

I am certainly very confused here. My device is a HP Touchpad so I do not understand why you say wrong version. Unless you mean wrong version for the TouchPad. If that is what you are saying and there is a newer version then that makes sense. Note that I installed the latest version from the developer.palm.com web site at the time that I did that. Perhaps there is newer version since then. If so then my assumption at the end of the other thread was correct.

I will investigate and if there is a newer version then certainly I will get it. If however I am confused and I truly have the wong SDK, then first, it seems that the people in developer.palm.com should have caught that but regardless I will fix that if that is the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hobbs View Post
    I have a similar problem and I had given up trying to solve it. I really wanted to try doing some webOS development but I have not been able to.

Please see Server unexpectedly closed network connection. No one in that forum could help. I am very unfamiliar with all this but it appears that my device says it has topaz-linux which seems to be not normal.

I have given up on getting into webOS developer mode but this seems to be a barrier for installing preware too. If I am unable to install Android when it is adequately developed then it will be a critical problem.

Should I create a new thread for this?
    Id start a new thread for your problem. Unless your are getting a password requirement from novaterm or quick install, start a new one to not confuse your issue from the OP issue.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I tried various things numbers for password and no password but when I used a password of all letters and six letters it was able to login.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12