Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vnomad
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I bought the 32GB Touchpad fom bestbuy today. i go home and open it. it didn't turn on. so i charge it for few hours. it still didn't turn on. i called HP and it is hardware issue. Bestbuy said no return or exchange. I have to send it back to HP to get it repair. How can it possible it is Brand New and DOA ?
    Yup firesales don't work well for those cases. But send it to HP because they are covering those problems and I'm sure you will receive a new one. GL =)
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mashi View Post
    I bought the 32GB Touchpad fom bestbuy today. i go home and open it. it didn't turn on. so i charge it for few hours. it still didn't turn on. i called HP and it is hardware issue. Bestbuy said no return or exchange. I have to send it back to HP to get it repair. How can it possible it is Brand New and DOA ?
    I thought our new 16gb was broken because I pushed the power button and it did not turn on

I tried it 3 times, last time I held it for like 30 sec to 60 sec let go and then slowly it turned on.......... Its worked great ever since

DId you try that?
    Quote Originally Posted by mashi View Post
    The answer is easy. You're buying a mass produced electronic device. If every brand new device was perfect then there wouldn't be a warranty needed through the manufacturer or even an exchange policy through retail. Unfortunately you just purchased a product at an insane price so it only makes sense that only the manufacturer will help you.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
    I'm with you. The magical WebOS Doctor has apparently rendered mine useless. HP's recommendation? Take it back to Best Buy for replacement. I laughed so hard I tinkled a little in my pants.
    LOL no no, HP is supposed to honor the warranty

WOW
    All you have to do is hold the Power Button and Bezel (Home screen button ) down together for 15 seconds plus and the tablet will reboot.

I had exactly the same experience as you did initially.
    xtremeview likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnomad View Post
    All you have to do is hold the Power Button and Bezel (Home screen button ) down together for 15 seconds plus and the tablet will reboot.

Try this before returning it. I just got mine yesterday and had the same issues but got it to work a few hours later
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vnomad View Post

i did that. also power button + 10-15 times pressing home button. no go.. hp already setup repair. when i charging it. the home button never light up at all
    Make sure it's actually charging, as a final suggestion. The charger can be split to allow plugs for other countries to be attached. Twist the charger to open it, pull it apart, then put it back together securely to be sure it's working.
  10. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Maybe check that the charger is screwed all the way in also before sending it in? Could just be that the battery was drained for whatever reason and you couldn't charge it. Might as well get all of the obvious things out of the way..