Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wised
  1.    #1  
    after overclocking, whenever you restart/start your HP Touchpad, does it go through the F15C coding process? I mean, do you see 2 F15C pictures on top and a bunch of white text codes progressing downward? and then you see HP log and system starts? or it is just me?
    Yes it does.
  3.    #3  
    Ok thanks

But I have another problem/question. After overclock, when I go into Govnah, I have some frequency value in CPU1 but CPU 2 is showing as 0 all the time...is that right? My profiel is set to onDemandTd 1512. I overclocked mine to 1.9Ghz and after restarting, under max frequency, it shows up as 1.5...does anyone know what is going on?
  4.    #4  
    Also, NOw I notice something else, whenever I change profile/frequency in Govnad, I get a lil mess on bottom saying "Unable to open /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor"
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    do a search. Covered in depth on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wised View Post
    Ok thanks

But I have another problem/question. After overclock, when I go into Govnah, I have some frequency value in CPU1 but CPU 2 is showing as 0 all the time...is that right? My profiel is set to onDemandTd 1512. I overclocked mine to 1.9Ghz and after restarting, under max frequency, it shows up as 1.5...does anyone know what is going on?
    I' a new user to these forums as well so I'll be nice this once:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post3101459

Next time use the search because others may not be as nice as I am.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wised View Post
    Also, NOw I notice something else, whenever I change profile/frequency in Govnad, I get a lil mess on bottom saying "Unable to open /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor"
    You can ignore that. My advice is to go back to the default kernel and then install the UberKernel if you want to overclock. UberKernel is very stable. You're unlikely to run into any problems with it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    I' a new user to these forums as well so I'll be nice this once:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post3101459

Next time use the search because others may not be as nice as I am.
    Thanks will do. But from the link you posted, it seems that after installing everything, I have to remove/reinstall Gonvah? I don't know what the post # 159 is telling me do. But from post # 158, I will try to remove/reinstall Gonvah and see if it fixes the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_B View Post
    You can ignore that. My advice is to go back to the default kernel and then install the UberKernel if you want to overclock. UberKernel is very stable. You're unlikely to run into any problems with it.
    Thanks, I was just trying out 1.9Ghz and if F15C doesn't work, I will use UberKernel.
    phmartincsd likes this.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The only problem I experienced with overclocking is that my photo slideshow would randonly freeze. I went back to the default profile and it runs perfectly. Anyone else happen to see something similiar? A big part of it's use is going to be a photo frame so I guess I'll have to stay at 1.2Ghz.