1.    #1  
    got a new touchpad, thinking about using it for fantasy drafts for both yahoo and ESPN. Anyone else attempting to use it in mock drafts?

discuss your experience in this thread
  2. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I am really waiting to see how the Stat Tracker works, but it's not active until gameday!

I hope hope hope hope it's fully functional, as the TP is perfect for gameday!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    there's actually already a thread on this haha. I hear it works. You can test it with a mock draft or using the test function for yahoo. I have a big draft this and next weekend was really hoping to have it for this weekend but looks like my touchpad will arrive just late on monday (or probably tuesday)

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...tball-win.html
  4. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It'll be so nice bringing the TP out to the couch instead of the laptops.. Just need to get the tethering down so I can take it to the sports bars for Sunday Brunch!
    Did a NFL.com draft - learned my lesson quick.. Had it running perfectly, through 3 rounds pretty quickly. Decided to open iheartradio, and listen to the radio while I finished up the draft.

Got "locked" out - as in the card was trying to constantly reload. Tried to close card, refresh a few more times. Not once was I able to get back in. I suppose at this point, I could have restarted the TP, but considering it takes a few minutes to shut down/start back up, I just decided to chalk up this team. I lost either 4 or 5 picks (4-8 or 4-9) and did another draft the next day.

I'd recommend once you have it open and up, just leave it there. I wouldn't open up any new cards or try to "multi"-task, as that was the downfall for me.
    thx for the tip.

on yahoo fantsy football, the page seems to refresh constantly. you have to move quick and go to My Team or other page. it sure doesnt seem it may work without issues.
    worked good. Only problem I am having is switching the roster up on my team. Is there a way to adjust your roster without having the screen drag? This is on yahoo fantasy.
    I wouldnt risk it with the live draft. It's too important imo. You'll end up drafting a kicker in the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by groe886 View Post
    worked good. Only problem I am having is switching the roster up on my team. Is there a way to adjust your roster without having the screen drag? This is on yahoo fantasy.
    You need to change your settings from 'Drag and Drop' to 'Classic'. This can be found on your My Team page directly under your Submit and Cancel button (below the roster).

Other than that, I don't think you're going to be able to do it with a touchscreen. Effectively, at least.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NSA View Post
    It'll be so nice bringing the TP out to the couch instead of the laptops.. Just need to get the tethering down so I can take it to the sports bars for Sunday Brunch!
    Or find a bar that has wifi or a coffee shop adjacent.
    I plan on tethering to my slingplayer (if that works on here just got my touchpad last night!) when/if I go to a game for the parking lot tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by vladoski View Post
    I wouldnt risk it with the live draft. It's too important imo. You'll end up drafting a kicker in the first round.
    what's wrong with that?

Yeah I had to use my laptop for my draft and the next big draft I have is on saturday morning so I'll be home in my living room with my desktop anyhow.
    Though I will use this all too much come gameday.

for those still wanting to use touchpad for draft I would suggest running through a mock draft to get the feel.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I did a mock draft on ESPN last night on my touchpad. I worked swimmingly. It did take a little bit longer to load the actual live draft flash program, but once it loaded, I didn't have a single problem during the draft aside from still getting used to the right amount of pressure to use when tapping buttons. I will probably still use my laptop to do the actual draft, but I'll bring my pad as a back up in case one of our computers crash.