Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aeharding
  1.    #1  
    Ive searched the forums...I thoght I saw something about have a Web Gui for torrenting?

can you torrent on the touchpad?
    >.<

You going to download a linux ISO onto your HP Touchpad, mm?
    ohmytvc15 likes this.
  3.    #3  
    found it on lifehacker! perfect..

lets me remote control my torrents on my pc in utorrent using a utorrent web gui. SWEET!

Remote control your torrents with uTorrent's WebUI
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/12/2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: testing editing
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    found it on lifehacker! perfect..

lets me remote control my torrents on my pc in utorrent using a utorrent web gui. SWEET!

Remote control your torrents with uTorrent's WebUI
    Well this isn't really torrenting on the touchpad. Just remote controlling torrents on another machine. But if that's all you wanted to do anyways, there ya go
  5. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    there is no GUI way. You need to get xecutah xserver and xterm and I believe there is an optware package for a torrent program. Then you would have to do everything in commandline. Its not the easiest thing
    If you install ubuntu on your Touchpad you can torrent. I've done it
    Also there may be a little issue with this. I noticed in the App Store there is a few applications with work with remote torrent clients such as uTorrent/Transmission (Cost $1.49) and KTorrent (free).

Also worth adding to this discussion, I have tried a torrent box with rtorrent/rutorrent. It will NOT work, keeps saying the server is not running. Seems to be an issue of how webOS renders it.
    I thought I read that Jason R of Canucks coding was working on a torrent app for webOS, did I dream that or is it true?
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Yes it is possible, I installed transmission via optware in :
    Index of /feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/unstable/
    and run with WebUI http://localhost:9091/, I have had some issues for configure transmission daemon like setting rpc-whitelist to false but finally cope with this.
    It is uncomfortable to add torrents in WebUI , I have tried only manual add magnet url, but it works
    FWIW, adownloader works great in CM9.
    Tell me someone on here has seen torrenttouch pro hd? it's pretty easy to set up and shows pretty much everything you need to see on your torrents. I use utorrent so it works easily with it (the icons are the same...go figure). As for adding torrents, well if I need to do that I remote in from my touchpad to my pc and do it that way. Splashtop, Teamviewer (using android on TP), or the VPN app. Teamviewer is free and probably the easiest...but if you look I'm sure someone can find a splashtop ipk in one of the forums on the web
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pe4kin View Post
    Yes it is possible, I installed transmission via optware in :
    Index of /feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/unstable/
    and run with WebUI http://localhost:9091/, I have had some issues for configure transmission daemon like setting rpc-whitelist to false but finally cope with this.
    It is uncomfortable to add torrents in WebUI , I have tried only manual add magnet url, but it works
    Wait, you installed Transmission directly into WebOS? I have my Ubuntu partition set up so Transmission runs beautifully and downloads straight into my WebOS downloads folder but I didn't know it could be done outside of the chroot....
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    Ive searched the forums...I thoght I saw something about have a Web Gui for torrenting?

can you torrent on the touchpad?
    .I thoght I saw something about have a Web Gui for torrenting?