webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > officedepot.com return policy?
officedepot.com return policy?

Old 08/25/2011, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Just curious what Office Depot return policy is as my I haven't seen this posted yet here or my searching skills are sucking atm? I know Best Buy had a zero return policy on these things at the firesale price though.

I managed to be snag a 32GB TouchPad from office depot.com and it should arrive tomorrow at my Door via UPS

I'm sure I'll likely fall in love with it the moment I start using it anyways and wouldn't want to return it or give it up without dying first :P Plus I've always wanted in the first place since it first was announced there would be a WebOS tab but couldn't justify the $500. If not I can always sell it of course although I'm not sure what I would get for it slightly used but in like new condition.

I am however as of right now feeling a little remorseful and thinking I should have waiting another year for a tablet as I was broke to begin with and now I have like $20 left in the bank heh. Plus after ordering it I started wondering if I would have been better off replacing my old BB with one the 4.3" Android's since it would have been more portable thus more useful. Of course I would have missed out on WebOS goodness that way
crucialcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2011, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
NSA

(enter slew of people asking for your TP)
NSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2011, 11:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

LOL! yeah. Being unemployed currently sucks :P Like i said I probably wont want to give it up once I start using it anyways.

Also I figured it was worth asking if anyone else who got/or is in the process of getting one from officedepot.com is thinking the same thing since I didn't see a thread here yet like the BB one.
Old 08/25/2011, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
NSA

I imagine if you OPEN it and start using it, your options will be severely limited.

I ordered one from OD.com Saturday morning (early) and it arrived yesterday.. lemme check my paperwork...

Nothing on the paperwork. Emails.. nothing specific.

I can start the return process via the website.. so I don't think there are any dead set rules like Best Buy. Doubt many people are returning them right now.
Old 08/26/2011, 12:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah its not very likely unless the price people are reselling them for suddenly plummets.

I checked the emails and didn't notice anything. Did notice the return link on the website as well but was thinking once you try it they might reject the RMA or something. I suppose the best method would have been to Contact CSR and ask about their policy.
Old 08/26/2011, 12:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

For those of you who ordered from OD, did your status change on the website as it shipped?

I ordered mine as soon as they changed their price on the 20th. It gave an estimated delivery date of the 25th but the status still says 3 Days Delivery Pending. Anyone still expecting their order from OD?
cucuchicuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2011, 12:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
NSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucuchicuu View Post
For those of you who ordered from OD, did your status change on the website as it shipped?

I ordered mine as soon as they changed their price on the 20th. It gave an estimated delivery date of the 25th but the status still says 3 Days Delivery Pending. Anyone still expecting their order from OD?
I got an Order Confirm email @ 12:54am 08/20/11.

I got an Order Shipped email @ 11:09pm 08/23/11

And it showed up at noon on the 24th.
Old 08/26/2011, 12:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah I got emails as well but there was a definite day or so delay before I got the emails. My guess is the got a ton of orders/had quite a few units on hand. Since UPS tracking says I should get mine tomorrow I was able to check the office depot website and see that it says shipped under the order status. So I'm not sure why yours would say 3 day delivery pending.

*update I think they may have used a couple of different shipping providers so that's a possibility.
Old 08/26/2011, 12:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks guys...looks like I'll be calling them up.
cucuchicuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2011, 01:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

I love office depot and their incredible accessory deal.
Demiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2011, 01:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Been reading this forum for a little bit now, just registered to help you out... sorta...

I got my 32GB Touchpad from Office Depot Saturday @ 9AM, it was the last they had and when I bought it they slapped a "This Item has a 14 DAY Return Policy: Exchange Only If Opened, 15% Restocking Fee if Missing Any Components" and the guy I talked to there basically said that even if you wanted to return/ exchange it you wouldn't likely be able to...

Don't know how much different their online policy is, but I don't think they will take a return of a Touchpad, even if it were un-opened, luckily for you, you should be able to either happily use it (it is quite a nice product), or sell/ gift it

Hope your order goes through for you!
Agent 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2011, 02:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah I dunno for sure. I do know that traditionally office depot has a pretty good return policy whenever myself or family bought anything from them in store. I do already have a friend who wants it if for some odd reason I decided against keeping it as well :P

Actually one of the reasons I jumped on this for $150 I saw it as a replacement for my first gen iPod Touch. A newer touch would run me at least $299 unless I went for the 8gb at $229 which is half the memory over my current 16GB one. A lot of what I use it for is listening to music or surfing the web from bed. For surfing lately I've been finding the screen way to small also for reasons unknown when using the browser its been locking up temporally or running extremely slow.
Old 12/30/2011, 12:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
Just curious what Office Depot return policy is as my I haven't seen this posted yet here or my searching skills are sucking atm?
You can find the details here:
ReturnPolicies.info :: Office Depot
pbillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2011, 03:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

yeah we had them on sale for $199 for the 32gb a few weeks ago. I was putting up the new ad and price labels and came across one for the touchpad among the other tablets.. Needless to say none came in. Last time we had some were on black friday. Return policy is 14 days. I bought a bluetooth keyboard from work for $28 and a new case for $18 for my touchpad.. All we have left are the wall chargers for $15 with no more headed our way in sight.
Old 04/08/2012, 07:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
Just curious what Office Depot return policy is as my I haven't seen this posted yet here or my searching skills are sucking atm? I know Best Buy had a zero return policy on these things at the firesale price though.
Office Depot Return Policy:
ReturnPolicies.info :: Office Depot
pbillin is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0