Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by looktall View Post
    no kidding.

oh well. it's not such a big deal if i ever need to print anything i can just email it myself and do it from my pc.
    Think of the wireless enabled future that HP once envisioned, full with TouchPads, everyone could print something from the assembly line without the need of wires

bah, stupid HP
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am in the market for a new printer. My current Canon has served me well but is on its last legs. Before I got my TP, I planned on getting another Canon. I love the idea of printing from my TP, but oh wow the ink prices. I know I am fortunate that my Canon has such cheap ink, but wow. I have spent less on ink in the years I have owned this printer than one set of replacement HP ink would cost, even generics I found. Any source for cheap ink?
    Is anyone able to print directly (Ad hoc) from TP to your printer (model # please)? I do not want to set up a network and run everything through a router in a temporary office. I can do this with my windows 7 netbook now and would like to leave it at home in favor of the portability of the TP.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    a lot of talk about eprint, and other printers that will support printing from the touchpad..

are there any all-in-ones that might support scanning directly to the touchpad??
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat View Post
    Is anyone able to print directly (Ad hoc) from TP to your printer (model # please)? I do not want to set up a network and run everything through a router in a temporary office. I can do this with my windows 7 netbook now and would like to leave it at home in favor of the portability of the TP.
    Thanks
    I purchased an HP 8500a primarily with this capability in mind. It works great.
    my 6500 works great
    Maverick_[GER] likes this.
    Just picked up an Envy 100 for $150 , hopefully it's one that works.

HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One Printer series - D410 overview - HP Products and Services Products
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post
    I am in the market for a new printer. My current Canon has served me well but is on its last legs. Before I got my TP, I planned on getting another Canon. I love the idea of printing from my TP, but oh wow the ink prices. I know I am fortunate that my Canon has such cheap ink, but wow. I have spent less on ink in the years I have owned this printer than one set of replacement HP ink would cost, even generics I found. Any source for cheap ink?
    Haha, I feel you. I'm in the exact situation. Used a Canon iP4300 for years now and printed hundreds of pages each month. With quality third party ink I could print for almost nothing and really liked it (being a student). I was really considering a HP Officejt Pro 8500a, which seems to have pretty low printing costs. Still its more than five times more than what I pay right now, so its really hard to switch.
    The official word on the subject is that any HP network connected printer up to 5 years old should work. No setup required.

It has to be a printer with the network connectivity built in. I have a d7360 connected with an HP wireless print server and it isn't connecting.

All the e-all in one printers should work directly, no setup. Activate the print menu and it will show all the printers it sees on the network and send jobs directly to them. Of course you have the option of ePrint on these units whenever you aren't on the same network.
    No problems with my fairly old HP Photosmart 8450 which is a network ready printer. The Touchpad found it on my network and connected to it without issue.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm connected to my office wireless network, my printer is a HP LaserJet 3500 series PCL6. its not wireless n its cabled to the admin com. My tp can't detect it but my win 7 can. So which means printer not wireless can't connect to tp?
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    my 6500 works great
    I have a HP OfficeJEt 6500 and it works fine with the computer Win7 that is plugged in via USB, and also to my wife's HP Win7 laptop over wireless network. How did you get yours to work on the TouchPad? It is not a wireless printer so when I go to try and add manually with the IP address it cannot find it. IS there something I am missing?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphajoe View Post
    Haha, I feel you. I'm in the exact situation. Used a Canon iP4300 for years now and printed hundreds of pages each month. With quality third party ink I could print for almost nothing and really liked it (being a student). I was really considering a HP Officejt Pro 8500a, which seems to have pretty low printing costs. Still its more than five times more than what I pay right now, so its really hard to switch.
    what ink are you using? my canon mx310 seems to run out very quickly and cartridges do not seem cheap.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    HP b209a all in one works.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by esox07 View Post
    I purchased an HP 8500a primarily with this capability in mind. It works great.
    How is ink cost with this? I have an old HP Laserjet 6L. In 6 years I'm only on my 2nd cartridge. Don't print a lot but a dozen sheets a week or so. I generally avoid inkjets because of the absudly high costs for ink carts vs. lasers and I have little need for color. But lasers that will work with the touchpad are quite a bit more expensive or have terrible reviews.
    I'm hoping that someone will develop a driver for the PC that will appear as an ePrinter and allow us to be able to use any printer attached to the PC. That way, we can use printers we already have.
    Last edited by jblather; 09/12/2011 at 10:16 PM.
    cblakey1 likes this.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    How is ink cost with this? I have an old HP Laserjet 6L. In 6 years I'm only on my 2nd cartridge. Don't print a lot but a dozen sheets a week or so. I generally avoid inkjets because of the absudly high costs for ink carts vs. lasers and I have little need for color. But lasers that will work with the touchpad are quite a bit more expensive or have terrible reviews.
    Huff,
    The 8500a is a very nice printer, copier, fax, scanner. It does it all and seems to do it all well. And it is so much easier to configure than my older HP. I had gone to Canon but wanting to print with my TP, I gave HP another chance after nothing but HP since about 1995. I love it but then I have only had it about a month. Cartridges don't seem too expensive and dont even show any use yet but since I have two printers, I dont use it a whole lot so I dont know how long the cartidges will last.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I have a HP OfficeJEt 6500 and it works fine with the computer Win7 that is plugged in via USB, and also to my wife's HP Win7 laptop over wireless network. How did you get yours to work on the TouchPad? It is not a wireless printer so when I go to try and add manually with the IP address it cannot find it. IS there something I am missing?
    you have to have the printer connected to the router, NOT to a pc via USB. You install drivers to any pc you want to find the printer over the network. The touchpad shouldn't require drivers, it should be available if connected to the network.
    Quote Originally Posted by solidstate View Post
    Just picked up an Envy 100 for $150 , hopefully it's one that works.

HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One Printer series - D410 overview - HP Products and Services Products
    Envy will work.
    TY .Thats good news , have been too busy to set up the printer yet. Any one try that crazy tablet HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer - C510a ?

Amazon.com: HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One (CQ140A#B1H): Electronics

I can still return the 2 Envy's and get 2 estations for the same price.
    Or would that be tablet-mania-overkill ?

Just thinking outloud ....
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast