Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have tried everything from the support page to get this damn thing to work and it ALWAYS gets to the point where it is charging the battery, then says that it cannot reset the device.

    It never gets even 1% of progress. The battery is fully charged, I have uninstalled/reinstalled, and I have rebooted both devices. Factory cable.

    Any suggestions?
  2. cliffrlp's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #2  
    Having the same exact problem. Just started a thread cause I was having other issues on top of this. Frustrating...
  3. #3  
    Giving up isn't an option unless your name is HP!

    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

    follow instructions here and report back on the double!
    daffy4u likes this.
  4. #4  
    Are you using Windows 7 64-bit? I heard that gives trouble, though I've doctored my phones many times without issues.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
    I'm starting to think this thing is a real piece of ****. I'm glad it was only $100. I've been frozen on the start up screen more times than I care to think and the customer support has been lackluster at best.

    Hell...now when I log in to my profile, my device is gone from the device list. I might have a really nice, expensive paperweight.
    FWIW, tech support is a waste of time. That's what we're here for. We ARE Tech Support
    toaste and bevcraw like this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Giving up isn't an option unless your name is HP!

    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

    follow instructions here and report back on the double!
    I found some instructions that mentioned plugging in the cable (whilst connected to AC) whilst holding the volume up button. It got me in to a different mode and WebOS Doctor started running. This was after spending the last half hour on the HP Logo screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Are you using Windows 7 64-bit? I heard that gives trouble, though I've doctored my phones many times without issues.
    Windows Vista 32-Bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    FWIW, tech support is a waste of time. That's what we're here for. We ARE Tech Support
    I appreciate the help. I'm a forum person typically anyways. We'll see if this try (the 9th or 10th try) will actually complete. It is already further than it ever made it.

    I have this question. When you connect to run WebOS Doctor, are you supposed to mount as a disk drive? I've tried both, but I haven't seen that instruction given explicitly.
  7. #7  
    Do a Full Erase from the Device Info app first, then Doctor.
  8. #8  
    Any time I've had trouble doctoring, recovery mode worked for me, and judging from your response bvbull... I have a feeling it's going to work for you.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Do a Full Erase from the Device Info app first, then Doctor.
    I tried that. It froze, then got stuck on the logo screen when it rebooted.

    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Any time I've had trouble doctoring, recovery mode worked for me, and judging from your response bvbull... I have a feeling it's going to work for you.
    Recovery mode....any additional info?
  10. #10  
    Sure. Turn the touchpad off, then turn it back on while holding the up volume button.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
    I tried that. It froze, then got stuck on the logo screen when it rebooted.



    Recovery mode....any additional info?
    From the sounds of it, you already put it into recovery mode and are currently running webOS doctor IN recovery mode.
  12.    #12  
    Yeah. I was in that mode. It froze at 12% (stayed there for about 20 minutes). I'm trying yet again.
  13. #13  
    Might be worth changing USB ports. Also I once ran into an issue where having virtualbox open in the background was interfering with the doctor because the VM I was running was configured to access the host machine's USB ports. So maybe close background programs too if you think they might be in the way somehow
  14. #14  
    Having the same problem. And all I am trying to do is an update!!! Should not be this difficult. I have tried all my usb ports, phone fully charged, wait for the usb symbol, and grey out button.

    I can't even turn it on anymore. It just sits there with the HP symbol.
  15. #15  
    ok here's some more threads to read
    stuck on battery charging

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-charging.html

    stuck in boot loop

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ctor-well.html
    daffy4u likes this.
  16. #16  
    also here's the source of that information

    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
  17. #17  
    your other option is to contact @webosinternals directly on Twitter, providing you have tried, gone through the links that I provided you and still can't figure it out. I understand the first few times can be frustrating, having gone through it myself a time or two. I wish I could be of more assistance, but I just pulled over to jot this down for you and I have another 3 hours on the road.

    here is another thread specifically about "webos doctor stuck at 12%" which I found by searching that exactly in google.

    (helps to put the link in )
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tuck-12-a.html
    daffy4u likes this.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
    I'm starting to think this thing is a real piece of ****. I'm glad it was only $100. I've been frozen on the start up screen more times than I care to think and the customer support has been lackluster at best.

    Hell...now when I log in to my profile, my device is gone from the device list. I might have a really nice, expensive paperweight.
    I'll be happy to take it off your hands for $100+shipping. If it ends up being a paperweight, I'll take the chance. Just PM me.
    Last edited by shneor; 08/26/2011 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Missing sentence.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  19. #19  
    if you two want to talk to me in real time....click on that Skype logo below my name.
  20. #20  
    ok find me on your Skype account sledgerrr
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions