Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    any luck cliffrip?
    Ok here we go - I run it via the cmd line, i've tried versions 3.0.0 and 3.0.2, no matter what i do it hangs at 12%, 3.0.0 hangs @ INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "resizefat -r /dev/mapper/store-media" , i have no idea how to copy the whole log file, can't seem to charge past 25%, if i just turn it on (pwr/center) i get the www,palm,com/rom message, if i plug it in with this message up i get no indication if it's charging or not... I'll run 3.0.2 and see what the last log item is when it freezes and add it to this message...

I think it's bricked - even though I can run doctor to 12% - any help would be greatly appreciated since i actually like this device

obt

3.0.2 freezes at the following log file -
    Aug 27, 2011 9:46:10 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "resizefat /dev/mapper/store-media 29553065984B
    "
    Last edited by onebadtaz; 08/27/2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: added log entry
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadtaz View Post
    Ok here we go - I run it via the cmd line, i've tried versions 3.0.0 and 3.0.2, no matter what i do it hangs at 12%, 3.0.0 hangs @ INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "resizefat -r /dev/mapper/store-media" , i have no idea how to copy the whole log file, can't seem to charge past 25%, if i just turn it on (pwr/center) i get the www,palm,com/rom message, if i plug it in with this message up i get no indication if it's charging or not... I'll run 3.0.2 and see what the last log item is when it freezes and add it to this message...

I think it's bricked - even though I can run doctor to 12% - any help would be greatly appreciated since i actually like this device

obt
    It stops at 12%?
    Quote Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
    I have tried everything from the support page to get this damn thing to work and it ALWAYS gets to the point where it is charging the battery, then says that it cannot reset the device.

It never gets even 1% of progress. The battery is fully charged, I have uninstalled/reinstalled, and I have rebooted both devices. Factory cable.

Any suggestions?
    If anyone around you has a mac, try with mac.

1. Download Virtual Box and WebOS SDK 3.0.2 and install on your mac.

2. Then download WebOS Doctor and everything will be fine.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post

Sorry why would a Mac help?

this is what I know after 1 day

reboot

hold the home button and the power same time a few secs

to get into a "DFU" type of mode USB symbol Hold the volume for turning up ( towards the camera) and the power button at same time turning on

the Doctor program should be able to fix most problems

Make sure your USB port DOES NOT POWER DOWN

WIn 7 go onto system device manager and make sure your USB ports do not go into sleep mode at all, windows 7 has power settings that put the USB ports to sleep at times after 5 min and this would cause a stall for the Doctor
    daffy4u likes this.
    Stops at 12% in both doctors, see last post for log entry where it hangs up. I get to 12% in about 45 seconds so I know the usb is going to sleep. i have no clue who would have a mac... why would anyone buy one of those lol.
    Just realized that both doctors hang up at the very same point - (resizefat -r /dev/mapper/store-media) What does this mean? The screen shows the stupid arrow pointing at the chip. Really starting to think this is a hardware issue unfortunately
    Just realized that both doctors hang up at the very same point - (resizefat -r /dev/mapper/store-media) What does this mean? The screen shows the stupid arrow pointing at the chip. Really starting to think this is a hardware issue unfortunately
    According to information from webOS Internals, 12% is the point at which novaterm access is available.

See other suggestions on how to proceed on this page:

How To Recover - WebOS Internals
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post

I appreciate the potential solution, but I don't know anyone close by with a Mac and it is ludicrous that I can't run the appropriate program safely from a 32-bit Windows Vista PC (an HP laptop, at that).

I'm filed with HP to have it sent back to them for repair. I'm not spending my time to fix this $100 piece of excrement.

Edit: Is that a more appropriate way to say a word that rhymes with bird?
    Last edited by bvbull200; 08/27/2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: language
    OK i have doctor hung up at 12% and have novaterm open and connected as well - nova says "root@webos-device:/#" - question is can i do anything with this to either completelt clear the device and start new or fix the issue with (resizefat -r /dev/mapper/store-media)
    Ran the command that is hung up in doctor... in novaterm and got this:

"there are differences between boot sector and it's backup"
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Ran the command that is hung up in doctor... in novaterm and got this:

"there are differences between boot sector and it's backup"
    I'm having the word for word exact same problem as you 12% stuck cant charge past 25% and the same point in the log about the resizefat. I just got off the phone with HP after messing with this for the last 5 hours and there sending me a box to send it to them for free repair thats probably your only option as well.
    I will call them Monday but I'd really rather fix it myself if possible. Seems there should be a work around since this is looking like more and more of a common problem...

I'd like to see about wiping the system completely blank and then running doctor if that is possible/would help
    Last edited by onebadtaz; 08/27/2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: and then...
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    let me know if you get it fixed by tuesday thats when the box is suppose to be here if i can fix it by then i'll just throw that box away but I think its hardware issues so I doubt there's a work around for us. I love my touchpad too this sucks.
    As a user of several WebOS products over the course of 2 years, I can tell you that this is not a Touchpad issue.

LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM!! USE A DIFFERENT COMPUTER.

Try using a mac to do the WebOS Doctor.

If you honestly dont have a single mac available to you to use from a friend....well...I could comment on that but it would be a personal attack....
    ok I will find a mac and try it.... somehow
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    As a user of several WebOS products over the course of 2 years, I can tell you that this is not a Touchpad issue.

LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM!! USE A DIFFERENT COMPUTER.

If you honestly dont have a single mac available to you to use from a friend....well...I could comment on that but it would be a personal attack....
    I've tried it on 3 different laptops multiple times and no I don't have a friend that has a mac actually because my friends are smarter then to buy an overpriced mac. Saying that this is NOT a touchpad issue is kind of arrogant I loved my touchpad but nothing is perfect and to say that the touchpad is invincible to problems is just wrong.
    Has anyone tried to install Jason Robitaille's universal novacom installer to see if that helps?

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2907396
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Has anyone tried to install Jason Robitaille's universal novacom installer to see if that helps?

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2907396
    gonna give it a try
    You could always try downloading Ubuntu, booting it from an USB stick, and then running the Doctor from there. Should work A-OK if you have driver issues preventing the doctor from finishing on your normal Windows install.

Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

It's very hard to find a Mac anywhere unless you know hardcore hipsters or affluent people who don't mind paying double for something just because it looks a bit nicer. I don't know anybody with a Mac who's not snugly in either category or, in fact, in both.
    How would you have personally insulted a guy for not having friends owning a system whose greatest benefits are 'it's cooler than windows' and 'it makes me think different, Steve Jobs said so'?

Plus, Windows works. I've doctored quite a few times and have run into problems, but it always ended up working (although I did, once, have to resort to using my Ubuntu box.)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast