1.    #1  
    Just got a touchpad with 3.0.0 on it. When I played audio from the browser and turned off the screen I could still hear the audio playing. I updated to 3.0.2 and now when I turn the screen off the audio cuts out too.

Is there a way to keep the audio playing with the screen off? I have the touchpad in dev mode, so I could patch it if there is something out there available.

Has anyone tried this in the other browsers in the marketplace?

I like to listen to Rhapsody and also thesixtyone which I have to play through the browsers.

Thanks
    Try using Exhibition mode. It's not just for display on the Touchstone.
  3.    #3  
    Tried Exhibition mode but once I turn the screen off the audio still stops.
    Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

I'm having the same issue too when using Amazon Cloud Player: if i turn the screen off, then the sounds stops.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    anyone ?
    What site was your browser was playing music from?
    How did you turn the screen off? Did it just turn off on its own after the time limit set in the Screen & Lock setting?
    The only app I found so far that still plays audio with screen off is Pandora.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    for me, today I was playing PANDORA.. screen went off on its own (set to turn off after 1 minute) and sound stopped.. only way to get it back was to close browser and start over. this also happened playing iheart radio from the app. it did work the other day though even with the screen off...
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    The only app I found so far that still plays audio with screen off is Pandora.
    TuneIn Radio plays on mine with screen off (where it shows the clock) - 3.0.2

Also any internet radio station opened in the browser where the browser hands off an m3u stream to the HP "Streaming Music Player" will continue with the screen off, where it defaults to the clock on mine.
    Not sure if this qualifys for 'screen off' though.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    In order for audio to play with the screen literally turned off, it has to be a valid audio application (e.g. Pandora, Moodagent, Music, etc. ). When you turn the screen off, you're putting it into sleep mode -- the browser no longer plays behind the scenes.

In order to listen to music in the browser indefinitely, you can turn on exhibition mode but you'll have to leave it running in the foreground. Turn off the screen and you're still putting the browser to sleep.
    OK, I have mine set to turn off the screen after 1 minute. I found out that when the TP is on the charger, when the screen turns off, the clock stays on.

I took it off the charger, and after one minute with the screen dark, music is still playing. I navigated to an internet radio station in my browser, clicked on the streaming link, and the m3u mime-type opened up Streaming Media Player, which is still playing with the screen off.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drwigglechin View Post
    Just got a touchpad with 3.0.0 on it. When I played audio from the browser and turned off the screen I could still hear the audio playing. I updated to 3.0.2 and now when I turn the screen off the audio cuts out too.

Is there a way to keep the audio playing with the screen off? I have the touchpad in dev mode, so I could patch it if there is something out there available.

Has anyone tried this in the other browsers in the marketplace?

I like to listen to Rhapsody and also thesixtyone which I have to play through the browsers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by llmc View Post
    Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

I'm having the same issue too when using Amazon Cloud Player: if i turn the screen off, then the sounds stops.
    I was getting the same thing, with amazon and youtube. everytime the tp went to sleep it paused the utube or cloud player, and when i went to hit play again it would play but no audio, had to refresh the page. Try the app in the appcatalog webOnEx for free, lets you view websites while in ex, its not perfect but its the free alternative unless you have glimpse. Glimpse web widget in exhibition mode works for pandora, amazon cloud, and youtube playlist that ive tested. if you use preware you can also patch the start exhibiton automatically (when its on TS).

Hope the info helped/
    The "NoDoze" app simply stops the TP from sleeping, so that's another way to solve the problem.
    3.0.2 has that behavior. *Your options appear to be not upgrade to 3.0.2, or see if that's changed in the next update

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: