Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I hate flooding the forums but I'm hoping people will get help from this thread of they have similar questions. So, I just seem to be having a hard time with this darn thing but I will saw that so far I really enjoy WEBos and I'm hoping with how many units sold that it'll really ignite the dev community.
    I'll list my problems...
    1. Put in developer mode (w/ a password like a jack@ss)
    2. Tried to install webosquickinstall and whenever I open it, it just opens a window and I can't close it unless I reboot but the actually application never opens on my computer. I can get it to open when I initially install it but then it won't recognize the device.
    3. Downloaded webOSdoctor and now it's telling me it's unable to reset my device?!

I have used the HP provided cable, restarted both pc and tablet, and tried different usb ports. What the heck is going on?? The TP is also almost fully charged and it goes through the battery charging portion and then says it can't reset it.

Sorry to be another n00b w/ questions! Also, I couldn't get this thing to teather to my thunderbolt but I think the first questions I had are more important.

Hopefully someone can help,
    Thanks
    Leor
    Well, one step at a time -

1. Developer mode is the Konami code or some other string I can't recall atm. There should be no password required.
    2. Webosquickinstall runs on your PC - but it sounds like you're trying to run it on your TP? It's a Java app, not a Windows executable - you should make sure you've got a current version of Java on your desktop, and then just double-clicking the jar file should bring up the app.
    3. How are you connecting your TP to your desktop?

It's like all tech support - describe what you're trying to do, step by step, what hardware, etc, and I'm sure we can figure out how to get you out of your fix. =)
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for the quick reply, I'll start from the beginning...

I read to put the TP in developer mode, it then prompted me for a password so I put one in. Then when I tried to run webosquickinstall it wouldn't show the device, so I closed out and then when I try and open it I get stuck on this
    Then in order for me to get out of that, I have to restart the PC and if I open it again it doesn't the same thing. Then I have to uninstall and reinstall webosquickinstall. So I assumed that maybe it was because I had the password in developer mode because after further reading it said to NOT put a password in. So I then downloaded webosdoctor, I got it and plugged my TP in my PC (through USB) and it would do the battery charging thing and then say it could not reset my device. Now, I'm stuck...

Windows 7 64 bit, java works cause doctor opens and sometimes webosquickinstall opens upon reinstall...umm, I think that's everything. thanks so much for the help!!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Oh and when it's on that screen for webosquickinstall, i can't find it in task manager because it's not actually open. So I then have to restart the computer...uninstall and reinstall it.
    Cliffrlp - lemme see what I can find out. Be patient.. it's worth it. =)
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thanks so much!

Silly question, should I turn dev mode off when I run webosdoctor??
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    webosdoctor won't even recognize outside of developer mode.
    is your Java up to date?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    ok here is where I am at now...
    did a reset through tp setting, went back into developer mode w no password. Now I was able to do webosquickinstall and download preware and start patching. I have not tried doctor because I do not want to reset device. So, not 100% sure that will work. Happy so far though

thanks guys