1.    #1  
    So in the excitement of actually procuring a touchpad this past weekend I forgot how a software update works (probably since I am still rocking the Pre- on Sprint) and unfortunately the TP ran into the bug where it incorrectly reports up to date but remains at 3.0.0. Then after (supposedly) updating I went on and disabled logging, installed patches and the OC kernel among other things. Now that I've realized I didn't install the update I am wondering if there is anything I must remove before upgrading to 3.0.2? I didn't install a theme (as I know this causes problems with updating) but what about patches and such? I know we used to have to uninstall patches but is this still required?

Thanks
    My roommate had that issue...we just doctored.

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...2hstnhwifi.jar

Click that, go into recovery mode(turn off and hold up on Volume Up while you turn it on, USB logo comes on)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Well, I just tried to update as well and it took a while to download, then at the end it said it was up to date, but it was still at 3.0.0. what gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by pandorazboxx View Post
    Well, I just tried to update as well and it took a while to download, then at the end it said it was up to date, but it was still at 3.0.0. what gives?
    Refer to what I said. Maybe there's an easier method but I think this works...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I'm just curious as to why it doesn't just work, ya know? I'm assuming it has something to do with the massive amount of people that have just got their touchpads today.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, doctoring it took less time then I spent fiddling with that update.
    is anybody else getting an issue with downloading the doctor?

I'm getting an error that says i have an invalid serial number..?
    OK, well I was using chrome, tried it in internet explorer and it's using flash, but still get an error.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    relieved to know I'm not the only one who cant seem to update to 3.0.2
    The servers are getting slammed with all the sales over the last 7 days and most people getting delivery mid to late week.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    in the intro guide sticky, in the OP, there is a direct link to download the 3.0.2 update. I did it and it works now. enjoy.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    will check that out
    I downloaded 3.0.2 yesterday but I'm not sure it actually installed. Is there any way of verifying that I'm running 3.0.2?