Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    1+
    The interface is cluttered.
    The java player doesn't move and hides the songs behind it.

I used to use orb when it was 'winamp remote' and was a cleaner interface.

I wish there was a free winamp or foobar remote app. Is the $5 worth it for VLC remote?

I'd like a better internet streamer than TuneIn, Shout/Ice Cast and the built in Streaming Media Player.

A browser plug in that plays mp3 streams would be nice, or an interface which calls up something other than Streaming Media Player, since it seems to be limited in what it can handle.

I think gstreamer is already in TP. Can't it handle MP3 and OGG streams?
    I haven't tried either one of those apps yet, I might check out vlc remote. Last night I bought Upnp Av Player, it works nice if you have a Nas with upnp support on your network.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atraum View Post
    There are actually 3 interfaces you can choose from and the media center one works very well for the TouchPad if you have no issues with truncated filenames.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.
    Is anyone else having a hard time getting the media center skin to take? I click on it, but it doesnt change anything. Any help is appreciated. BTW, I like the webcam feature. I will be able to tell if my son is on the computer when he is not supposed to be. MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhijack View Post
    Is anyone else having a hard time getting the media center skin to take? I click on it, but it doesnt change anything. Any help is appreciated. BTW, I like the webcam feature. I will be able to tell if my son is on the computer when he is not supposed to be. MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    just be careful.

things might have changed since 1995, but I remember what I was doing when I wasn't supposed to be on the computer.........

lol
    Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    It sounds like you didnt follow the step that tells you to activate the FLASH orb player.

On the touchpad, go to:

Settings>General>Streaming Formats>ORB FLASH PLAYER!

There's even a giant picture in the post above that shows you what you need to click on, if you need guidance.

Currently, you are trying to stream in windows format (hence, the stream.asx) which doesn't work on the touchpad. Make that little tiny change and you're off to the races .

Problem solved.
    Where do you see these settings??? I go into Settings on the Touchpad and there's nothing that says GENERAL. I see no way of accessing this.
    Thanks this works great!! The layout is a bit cluttered but overall it works great. Video streaming was suprisingly fast with very little buffering time, excellent quality and ran very smoothly. I've been waiting for a media sharing app since I got my TP! Thanks again :-)
    When I tried to sign up the link took me to Winamp remote server has orb changed owners?
    or do I just have a redirect? Anyone else seen this?
    I'd love to see an app interface created on this, particularly for making use of the live tv streaming feature! (you can still stream tv from a set-top box just fine with a usb IR blaster for orb to change the channels with).

I think this would be killer to have on the TP and Pre. (and on a side note, also on something like a Roku box).
    Hi,
    i managed to get Orb running smoothly and then tried to download an mp3 from my hard drive to the touchpad.
    The file appears in the music app but now I can't find it.
    I have tries Internalz and also tried searching when hooked up via USB.
    Does anybody know where Orb files get downloaded to?

many thanks
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Great app.

I just got one very big problem. I usually watch anime with subtitles.

The video plays crystal but it does NOT have subtitles.

Is there a fix for this or kalem is my only solution?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Where do you see these settings??? I go into Settings on the Touchpad and there's nothing that says GENERAL. I see no way of accessing this.

Try looking for this setting in the Client Orb Player/Configuration on your computer....not touchpad....probably a typo.
    Palm Pre 2 w/ Preware
    HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    anyone?
    Unquote

To add Custom Internet TV channel, logon to Orb > click Open Applications > click TV/Webcams > click Internet TV > click Add Custom on Application Tool bar > Type in the name of the Video and URL on the provided fields > click Submit. Your newly added Video stream will be listed under Internet TV - Favorite Channels.

Note: Before adding your URL, make sure it works in Windows Media Player or another streaming media player like VLC, Quicktime, etc (outside Orb)
    This is actually on my list of apps to build. But don't be holding your breath.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    can anyone explain why when accessing Orb through the TP's browser I can view pictures from my PC but when I attempt to play audio or video (which I can see all listed) the media player pops up clocks for a couple of seconds and then stops.... when I press the play button on the media player it just clocks and never plays the content ??
    Unquote

If you are able to access Photos, but unable to play/ stream Audio / Video files, then it's most likely due to your firewall blocking Orb. Try disabling your Windows/ software firewall, and then try streaming some Audio/ Video files. For more info, pls check out Orb / Knowledgebase / When I try to stream inside my LAN, the player on my client device (Wii, etc.) never connects: it just hangs or times out after a while
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRochie View Post
    When I tried to sign up the link took me to Winamp remote server has orb changed owners?
    or do I just have a redirect? Anyone else seen this?

To download Orb Caster, visit Download - Orb . To create a remote login account, check out the following KB.

Orb / Knowledgebase / How do I create an Orb account?

Note : Winamp Remote is a while labeled version of Orb Caster. Winamp Remote is just restricted to stream Audio/ Music, whereas Orb Caster facilitates streaming of Photos/ Audio, Videos as well as Web Cam and Live TV streaming.

Winamp Remote and Orb Caster can't co-exist on the same PC/ Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by shamindran View Post
    To download Orb Caster, visit Download - Orb . To create a remote login account, check out the following KB.

Orb / Knowledgebase / How do I create an Orb account?

Note : Winamp Remote is a while labeled version of Orb Caster. Winamp Remote is just restricted to stream Audio/ Music, whereas Orb Caster facilitates streaming of Photos/ Audio, Videos as well as Web Cam and Live TV streaming.

Winamp Remote and Orb Caster can't co-exist on the same PC/ Mac.
    thanks I was hoping WinZip would work oh well thanks
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me the best software to RIP DVDs and BluRays?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by settelma View Post
    Can anyone tell me the best software to RIP DVDs and BluRays?
    How to Rip DVDs with Handbrake
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I have flash settings enabled but neither audio or videos play, its unresponsive. I can browse my folders but can't play them. I've used orb on my old steals centro w/minima app and have it set on my treo 850, n e ideas to get it to wrk?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast