Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    cant get it to work can anyone help

i push play and there is buffer icon alot
    Last edited by MPian; 08/26/2011 at 05:24 PM.
    well, ensure this works from your PC first, that your media server is running and test it before trying it on TP. If it does not work from your PC, then check the ORB help/Froum, they have quick solution for opening ports for ORB and so on..
  3. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    sounds like this is a potential APP for a developer . . . $99 cent or better ???
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    sounds like this is a potential APP for a developer . . . $99 cent or better ???
    Actually you might consider bringing this up to ORB themselves. They've already put out an ipad/iphone app, and they even expanded the service to include netflix streaming through the paid app.

They might be willing to listen, since there's alot of touchpads out there and plenty of people still wishing they could netflix.

So, yeah .
    this might be a stupid question but if I take my touchpad in the bedroom to watch a movie am I going out to the internet and back in or am I using my wifi
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by projectpete19 View Post
    this might be a stupid question but if I take my touchpad in the bedroom to watch a movie am I going out to the internet and back in or am I using my wifi
    your right, that's a stupid question...
    etx likes this.
    Very easy to setup. Thanks OP for the post! Unfortunately, I was able to get it to stream for a good amount of time once.. Now every time I try to stream for a while, it drops the connection, buffers it, and when I go back to play it, it starts from where it last dropped connection.

Now sure how else to fix it. I want to say it's my modom/router combo ( made by zoom and don't really like it now) but its' relatively new still since I was forced to buy an upgrade to run on COMCAST's network.

If anyone can help out with why it keeps dropping or have the same issue. let me know/

THX!
    Got it working. Thanks!
    Pull out your checkbooks. The cost of government is going up.
    Quote Originally Posted by projectpete19 View Post
    You are going to the internet.

Assuming that you are not mooching on the wifi of your neighbor, you have in your home an internet connection that goes into a modem, which in turn goes into a wifi router.

Unless you have a semi-mythical 64gig Touchpad, the only way your touchpad can connect to the internet is by wifi. Presumably it is in radio communcations with your wifi router.

And it does not matter if your touchpad is next to the router, or in your bedroom. The touchpad connects to the internet by talking to the wifi router, which talks to the modem, which talks to your internet connection.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    You are going to the internet.

Assuming that you are not mooching on the wifi of your neighbor, you have in your home an internet connection that goes into a modem, which in turn goes into a wifi router.

Unless you have a semi-mythical 64gig Touchpad, the only way your touchpad can connect to the internet is by wifi. Presumably it is in radio communcations with your wifi router.

And it does not matter if your touchpad is next to the router, or in your bedroom. The touchpad connects to the internet by talking to the wifi router, which talks to the modem, which talks to your internet connection.
    Pretty sure his question wasn't that in-depth. Simply put, he was asking if this can stream over a local Wi-Fi network, or if Orb is streaming over the internet.

And simply put, you are going out to the internet, not local Wi-Fi, to view streaming content. Bad for watching in your house (potentially lower quality, also if you have bandwidth caps you need to keep an eye on those), but good if you are not at home and want to watch (say, on a trip in your hotel room).

Still, this is a great option for streaming content to the TouchPad. I hope Orb makes a native application.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    You are going to the internet....
    Quote Originally Posted by mrazzino View Post
    And simply put, you are going out to the internet...
    Not so fast..

How do I stream inside my LAN without going through the Internet?

When your client device (a PC / Mac, laptop, PDA, or smartphone) and your Orb PC / Mac are in the same LAN (i.e., both access the Internet via the same public IP address), Orb will always stream your media directly from your Orb PC / Mac to that client device without exiting to the Internet.

So you do not need to configure anything in Orb to do LAN streaming.
    Ref: Orb Knowledgebase

ORB / Knowledgebase / How do I stream inside my LAN without going through the Internet?
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    Dis likes this.
    I have a live internet TV stream on my PC (CNBC either via web browser or real player). Is there a way to stream this live feed on my touchpad via mycast orb portal? Thanks.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I have a live internet TV stream on my PC (CNBC either via web browser or real player). Is there a way to stream this live feed on my touchpad via mycast orb portal? Thanks.
    Any help on the above will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Can we stream .VOB files using Orb? I have many dvds ripped on my hard drive and those contain a folder called VIDEO_TS that contain the .ISO and .VOB files for the movie? Has anyone tried this yet or do we need to convert the .VOB files to be able to stream them to the TP?
    Orb is awesome. I set it up on my TP, mac and my phone and it works perfectly!
    ...failure is NOT an option!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncase3 View Post
    NICE FIND! Any idea if there is a visual clue somewhere within the interface indicating it is streaming via local or Orb server? Not sure if I'm missing something or if it just doesn't tell ya. That could also be another reason some are having issues with streaming quality.
    Thanks again for finding the FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    anyone?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to be able to move forward or backward when streaming a video? The forward and reverse buttons on the player are grayed out and I can't move the time bar either. Is this normal with this player or can we do something to be able to move forward or back in a movie?

Update: Also it looks like we can stream and play .vob files with Orb and TP, except that that you will have to play 4 files in order to view the whole movie since it was split up into 4 .vob files. I wonder if I can combine a 4 .vob files into 1 and then be able to stream it that way.

Any feedback?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Anyone know why Orb keeps logging me out after a few minutes on the TP? Anyone else having similar issues?
    anyone else having issues with it stopping playing songs and movies half way through? For some reason mine plays about 16 minutes of movies and about 2 minutes of songs then stops (movies) or goes on to the next song in playlist. Help with this issue would be greatly appreciated otherwise it works flawlessly.
    Last edited by elimherr; 08/30/2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: on TouchPad
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast