Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    First few minutes with the touchpad and I see it has integrated my Facebook photo albums as a library in the touchpad photo album. Cool...

Does it download a full size copy of all the pics or just thumbnails Seems like keeping the pics locally could take up a lot of space...

(Sorry for the n00b question...)
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    you can click on the pictures and they will load, if that's what you're asking

That is just one of the many advantages to synergy.

Welcome to the Touchpad, and i hope you enjoy it.

Make sure you update to 3.0.2
    The photos are stored on the device, but they don't take that much space since they are mostly small “kb” size files...

like the previous poster said, that's all part of synergy....
    Also, for your facebook pictures you can view comments & write comments yourself, directly from the photo app (no need to launch the facebook app itself)...
    Don't forget you can print the pic when in full size to any HP Printer All built in!
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Don't forget you can print the pic when in full size to any HP Printer All built in!
    u see the issue with me on this one, is i don't own an HP printer, and quite frankly, i don't feel like buying one any time soon lol
    I know, I didn't need a Tablet/Pad before, but when the TP came out I almost got one but had to use the money for something more important. Then the firesale came along, and well, now there are 2 16GB TPs in the house, one for me and one for the wife . My kids also love the TouchPad!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I know, I didn't need a Tablet/Pad before, but when the TP came out I almost got one but had to use the money for something more important. Then the firesale came along, and well, now there are 2 16GB TPs in the house, one for me and one for the wife . My kids also love the TouchPad!
    before the touchpad, i thought tablets were absolutely useless. I did not even like it. Even before I actually purchased the touchpad I was still hesitant a little bit.. however after having one I can't go back.
    STARGATE and heyyu like this.
    Yes that can be a problem. I already had one at my house and at work. hopefully there will be a workaround.

Hope you enjoy everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncase3 View Post
    First few minutes with the touchpad and I see it has integrated my Facebook photo albums as a library in the touchpad photo album. Cool...

Does it download a full size copy of all the pics or just thumbnails Seems like keeping the pics locally could take up a lot of space...

(Sorry for the n00b question...)
    Quote Originally Posted by DD007 View Post
    The photos are stored on the device, but they don't take that much space since they are mostly small “kb” size files...

like the previous poster said, that's all part of synergy....
    Yes - the photos are the same size as the files in your FB account, and yes, there are already on the touchpad. it downloads in the background. I was also very impressed that it did this and discovered it by going to the photo app and getting a big surprise.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    johncase3 likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    Yes - the photos are the same size as the files in your FB account,....
    Since I always upload to Facebook in hi rez mode, I should keep an eye on the space being consumed...
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    u see the issue with me on this one, is i don't own an HP printer, and quite frankly, i don't feel like buying one any time soon lol
    That should read "New style HP printer" older ones aren't supported.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    I'm not the least bit impressed. Bought 32gb for $150

I have NO IDEA how HP thought it was OK to charge $499/$599 for these, and even $399/$499 was too much.

This thing is SLOW. I have already installed all patches, minimal logging etc etc.

HP App Catalog is horrendous to browse through, everything takes FOREVER, including searching for apps.

Overall system is very laggy and slow. Touch response could use a lot of work.

I've gotten too many card error on just a few cards, with a few cards open lag is even worse.

Can't log on to Google Account "unknown error"

I dunno, just half assed webOS 3.0 it seems.

Basically, *** was HP thinking? It's worth about $99 and nothing more.

That's my impression thus far of it.
    HP made hundreds of thousands of people realize that they need a tablet. I will certainly buy another tablet if my newly acquired TP breaks.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post

I have NO IDEA how HP thought it was OK to charge $499/$599 for these, and even $399/$499 was too much.

This thing is SLOW. I have already installed all patches, minimal logging etc etc.

HP App Catalog is horrendous to browse through, everything takes FOREVER, including searching for apps.

I've gotten too many card error on just a few cards, with a few cards open lag is even worse.

If your really not that impressed why not just sell it. I'll buy it off your hands right now. Get yourself a Ipad or the Galaxy tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I saw a wireless HP at walmart three days ago for $68. LOL, cant really beat that (unless you want the wired HP for 38 dollars).
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Well then you made a worth while purchase now didn't you.

Your Touchpad is faulty. I had one like that and exchanged it. I would take that one back. I have a Touchpad and an iPad 2. The iPad 2 is slightly faster but not how you describe.

I hope this is a joke.

I'm not going to do a point by point breakdown, but I will say that I have an Android phone running a CM7.1 build and most definitely consider myself a power user. Coming from that to a webOS tablet is a dream. I find it to be plenty fast for the games I've loaded up so far and it loads websites faster than my phone or my laptop over wifi, it plays Hulu flawlessly, the catalog is easier to navigate and faster than the latest android market.

It's thicker and heavier than the iPad2... that's my only criticism. Otherwise it deserves a place right alongside the best tablets.

I don't think ANY tablet is worth $500 and obviously neither did the majority of consumers. HP has shown us the price-points where these will sell well ($250-300 on eBay), and where they'll fly off the shelf (HP fire-sale pricing).
    johncase3 and MobileBill23 like this.
    sdguy101
    The TP is fantastic. I am coming from Android and find it easier to use than Honeycomb and as fast as any tablet that I have played with yet. I love Android but WebOS is so user friendly. I hate the lack of apps that I gave on my Droid X but the UI is awesome and the community is so welcoming. I also find the patches and dev directions more ways to understand than the Android community.

I have already been on and benefited more from this forum than from the AC forum, which I am also a member
    MobileBill23 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast