Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    I agree with the 250-300 dollar pricing. Much more than that I was looking at a laptop
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekOutDog View Post
    I find it to be plenty fast for the games I've loaded up so far and it loads websites faster than my phone or my laptop over wifi,
    Agreed. So far, it's plenty fast. Compared to my Lenovo Win7 netbook, it screams...and unlike the netbook, it lasts more than an hour...much more...
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    I'm not the least bit impressed. Bought 32gb for $150

I have NO IDEA how HP thought it was OK to charge $499/$599 for these, and even $399/$499 was too much.

This thing is SLOW. I have already installed all patches, minimal logging etc etc.

HP App Catalog is horrendous to browse through, everything takes FOREVER, including searching for apps.

Overall system is very laggy and slow. Touch response could use a lot of work.

I've gotten too many card error on just a few cards, with a few cards open lag is even worse.

Can't log on to Google Account "unknown error"

I dunno, just half assed webOS 3.0 it seems.

Basically, *** was HP thinking? It's worth about $99 and nothing more.

That's my impression thus far of it.

Incase you're not following the front page, HP gave out app codes to 6 very popular apps, one of which being a 750mb+ download, so the app store is getting slammed with purchases/downloads. It is crawling for me tonight in comparison to usual.
    Maybe I got a dud, maybe I need to doctor it back to stock and then update via computer instead of OTA.
    But honestly, it's almost a pain to use right now and it does get fairly warm with just few tabs browsing...

I'll doctor it now and if not........not sure what choices I have as There is no return policy and not sure if HP even has any for replacement.
    Maybe I got a dud, maybe I need to doctor it back to stock and then update via computer instead of OTA.
    But honestly, it's almost a pain to use right now and it does get fairly warm with just few tabs browsing...

I'll doctor it now and if not........not sure what choices I have as There is no return policy and not sure if HP even has any for replacement.
    There are plenty of people on this very forum that would buy it from you.
    I noticed a significant improvement in the overall performance of my TP when I went through the series of patches. It's not as fast as my iPad 2 but very good. It's been better than I had expected.

Also, if it was just set up, and you have lots of contacts from different sites (Facebook, Gmail, LinkedIn, etc.), use Facebook with lots of photos, etc., give it a bit of time. While the TouchPad is downloading everything (Synergy), it can be rather slow. Especially if you don't have great Wi-Fi. By the way, make sure you're using WPA2 for wi-fi instead of WEP. That can make a big difference as well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12