Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    ...even if it is too little, too late.

Background: I ordered a 16gb to from HP small business site Friday night, paid with a debit card that had $180 on it. It's a refillable card that I get paid on for doing market research related to my line of work. Afterwards, I saw two $1 pre-authorizations from HP. Because of the craziness with hp's website and the fact that their website said they were unable to process my order, when I heard barnes and noble was selling them, I ordered one from them. Unfortunately they didn't have enough and my order was eventually cancelled. Even more unfortunately, they had put a pre-authorization on the card for the full amount. Later that night, HP got around to trying to fill my order and it appeared that I only had $66 dollars on the card, so THEY cancelled my order too. So I was screwed slightly by B&N as they didn't have the inventory to fill my order, then I was REALLY screwed by them because they had my debit card balance tied up in an order that was never going to happen! As I'm sure you can imagine, a very nice barnes and noble customer service rep got to hear about how they screwed me and how I felt about it.

On to the attempt to "make it right". Got an email today from BN.com today apologizing to those who didn't get their touchpads and giving each of u's a $20 gift card to b&n. So better than nothing, and I guess I won't trade my nook in for a kindle, but I'd have rather had a touchpad.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    20 bucks, I'll accept it and they will be forgiven, I might even buy a school book there depending on their price.
    Last edited by Dionte; 08/25/2011 at 08:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I Never got this 20 dollar email...
    me neither!
    i also received an email apology and $20 gift card.... Getting ebooks for my Nook
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    onSale never even contacted me at all much less gave me a giftcard
    $20 gift card email sent to me too...sent to me at 5:45 est. My authorization charges was finally released this evening too. Just to add my 2 cents
    Never got an email either.
    They canceled two orders on me, so I should get $40, right?

But I got nuffin.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Well, maybe they're not trying that hard. I do own a nook color and have bought more than 60 nook books over the last year or two and I called and expressed my displeasure to their customer service. So I guess they're just being nice to a good customer.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Maybe this is for people hit with the pre-authorization?

Mine was canceled, no $20 cert (yet) and nothing was charged to my account.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    my wife got one today