1.    #1  
    Is it just me or is there no charging LED on the TouchPad?

According to HP, I need to fully charge it before turning it on to run setup. However, I don't see any charging indicator unless I turn it....

Thanks for any help...
    you can set it up just fine with the power it comes with by default
    and if you're worried about it, just plug it in the wall while you're setting it up.
  4.    #4  
    okay, you both talked me into it...

I was just wanting to get the best battery life as possible, I don't know what kind of memory this lithium battery might develop. So, I was going to do as advised by HP.

I can't wait any longer
    You should fully charge it the first time, ie don't interrupt the charge until it's done. Popular belief that it's better to always keep your TouchPad topped up as opposed to running the battery down before recharging, as well. If you search you can probably find the details on that, but I'm feeling lazy , but that's the way it is.
  6. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I don't think ive had a phone in a long time that had a charging indicator. Not since my blackberry curve actually. I think you'll manage
    shouldn't the LED be on the ac charger -- red to green -- not on the tablet!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    You should fully charge it the first time, ie don't interrupt the charge until it's done. Popular belief that it's better to always keep your TouchPad topped up as opposed to running the battery down before recharging, as well. If you search you can probably find the details on that, but I'm feeling lazy , but that's the way it is.
    People (older ppl esp) are used to old technology nicd batteries with memories and not newer batteries without.

People, all computer gadgets of today have NO memory affect. xD
    On mine I only sometimes get a dim blue light under the home key. It is plugged in now and indicates charging via the bolt on the battery. However, there in no light on the home key. There was one for a while. Last night when I charged it the large clock came up but no home key light. Should it have a home key light at all times when charging and screen off? If someone could post a video of what proper charging looks like that would be great. I checked some YouTube but the camera also was on the screen and not the bezel.

it is odd I can't tell when it is charging with screen off especially...hmmm
    Thanks in advance.

red