Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Can you check this problems:

Open the app catalog. I've noticed that the screen is moved 1 or 2 pixels to the left. Test it with minimizing the App (it reverses).
    Or (with open App Catalog) go to the lock screen (on/off-Button). Same effect.

Please test this for Confirmation !!!!!

Additionally all old PDK-Games (like Dungeon Hunter, Dead Runner and all this stuff) are screwed. Looks like their Download is corrrupt or the App Catalog update kills the PDK-Games Compatibilty.

Please test this for Confirmation with an old PDK App on your Touchpad and an new downloaded one (Use Dead Runner, it's free). On my system Dead Runner starts in the wrong orientation !
  2.    #2  
    Further testing shows the first problem is for every app !
    I didn't notice 2 pixels...man you got good eyes to see that.
    I did download Dead Runner and it "sort of" works. Definitely doesn't look right and it seems the buttons aren't working as they should, but the game definitely is running, so I don't know. Seems weird it would sort of work, I'd think it would either work or not.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Someones gotta write a patch to add a "Check for updates now" button in the software manager. Over to Feature request thread I go....
    Noticed that the non-hd PDK apps that I have installed today are also all fubared. Found an interesting note, more like lack of, that the apps are all missing the metadata.json file so I put one in from another pdk app and all the sudden the app works fine.

**Update** I just installed Dead Runner on my touchpad and I got the same problem simossoft describes. I just took the metadata.json file from angry birds installed on my touchpad sometime ago and put it into this app Dead Runner and all the sudden it works. Here are the steps to hope fix this till HP updates catalog or watever:

1. Get Internalz Pro, did not use Gemini yet.
    2. Think of an PDK that you have installed sometime ago, taking Angry Birds for example.
    3. With Internalz pro, go to directory /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ and locate com.rovio.angrybirds folder and open it.
    4. Tap on metadata.json file and select copy.
    5. For the sake of treating Dead Runner app, you will copy the file to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.distdevs.app.deadrunner
    6. Wait for the notification of the file been copied and then try to open Dead Runner and that's it!

I've done this to Dead Runner, Art of Glow, Glow Hockey, Dungeon Hunter, and few others today I installed/reinstalled and all were missing this file so grafting a metadata.json file in fixed them.

**Update 2** If you dont have a metadata.json file to use from a non-hd pdk app, this use the following code and paste if into notepad and save the file as metadata.json . Afterwards drop this file to USB drive on the touchpad and then steps 4-6 above.

Code:
    {"version":1,"devices":[101]}
    **Update 3**

I have uploaded the json file to use as a zip file. Follow steps 4-6 once you have extracted the file out of zip and onto USB drive of your touchpad.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 08/26/2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  6.    #6  
    Thank's,
    this metainfo.json thing is somewhat crazy. What are they doing !
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    Can you check this problems:

Open the app catalog. I've noticed that the screen is moved 1 or 2 pixels to the left. Test it with minimizing the App (it reverses).
    Or (with open App Catalog) go to the lock screen (on/off-Button). Same effect.

Please test this for Confirmation !!!!!

Additionally all old PDK-Games (like Dungeon Hunter, Dead Runner and all this stuff) are screwed. Looks like their Download is corrrupt or the App Catalog update kills the PDK-Games Compatibilty.

Please test this for Confirmation with an old PDK App on your Touchpad and an new downloaded one (Use Dead Runner, it's free). On my system Dead Runner starts in the wrong orientation !
    Additionally some more problems are 'introduced' with this silent App Catalog Update:
    Inside the app Catalog pictures for many Programs are missing and some programs are producing an 'install-error'. I find so far 2 : Sky Patrol demo and Crazy Birds 2.0 free
    After 13 non-hd PDK apps Ive installed today, all were fubared and missing the metadata.json file. I had Angry Birds non-HD on my touchpad for a while and obviously it had this file and was fine so I just deleted the app and reinstalled the app and low and behold its fubar. Grafted the json file in and all good. Appears the app catalog is skipping files in the pdk packages to install....

Also noticing that using this fix kinda shrinks up the height of the apps so they are not filling all the screen in. I used the same file that was working previous so its just happening to fresh installs so something else has changed too. Getting wife agro ATM so gotta look at that in the morning
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 08/26/2011 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    Additionally some more problems are 'introduced' with this silent App Catalog Update:
    Inside the app Catalog pictures for many Programs are missing and some programs are producing an 'install-error'. I find so far 2 : Sky Patrol demo and Crazy Birds 2.0 free
    Ditto here too and also Audubon Birds app does the same thing. Could be releated but will check later tomorrow.

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Here are the steps to hope fix this till HP updates catalog or watever:

1. Get Internalz Pro, did not use Gemini yet.
    2. Think of an PDK that you have installed sometime ago, taking Angry Birds for example.
    3. With Internalz pro, go to directory /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ and locate com.rovio.angrybirds folder and open it.
    4. Tap on metadata.json file and select copy.
    5. For the sake of treating Dead Runner app, you will copy the file to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.distdevs.app.deadrunner
    6. Wait for the notification of the file been copied and then try to open Dead Runner and that's it!

I've done this to Dead Runner, Art of Glow, Glow Hockey, Dungeon Hunter, and few others today I installed/reinstalled and all were missing this file so grafting a metadata.json file in fixed them.

**Update 2** If you dont have a metadata.json file to use from a non-hd pdk app, this use the following code and paste if into notepad and save the file as metadata.json . Afterwards drop this file to USB drive on the touchpad and then steps 4-6 above.

Code:
    {"version":1,"devices":[101]}
    It works. Thanks!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Can someone upload metadata.json file pls?
    I don't have it anywhere.
    "The new update really screwed up my touchpad! Can you all download it and confirm that?"

... "this tastes like crap .. try it?"

hmm.

Think I'll pass. I don't even know -how- to update software yet.
    necij likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Can someone upload metadata.json file pls?
    I don't have it anywhere.
    I put the steps to write the file yourself in case but just now uploaded one here http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3102744 I should have though of that last night but it was late.

I had trouble installing Audubon Birds last night, tried like 5 times and kept getting install failed error messages. I wonder if its related.
    Thanks. but it didn't help. I have HP TP 32gb. I put file in dead runner and folder but still have white polygons video in graphics.
    Yep, confirmed that old games are now borked on the TPad. How do we report these to HP again??

and a to @addiarmadar for the fix.
    Mine doesn't work...
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Thanks. but it didn't help. I have HP TP 32gb. I put file in dead runner and folder but still have white polygons video in graphics.
    Do try to delete the app, reinstall the app (first open the app to see if bug happens again), and then put that metadata.json file into directory on your device:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.distdevs.app.deadrunner

Dont need to restart but prolly a goog idea that after deleting the app to first restart.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Yep, confirmed that old games are now borked on the TPad. How do we report these to HP again??

and a to @addiarmadar for the fix.
    Ive tweeted @webOSdev last night this forum posting so they know now

I had Avatar and Super KO working on my 16gig TouchPad and after I upgraded to a 32gig TouchPad 2 days ago these two apps are not working anymore. I'm pretty sure the HP webOS team is currently working on this issue.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast