Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    Can you check this problems:

Open the app catalog. I've noticed that the screen is moved 1 or 2 pixels to the left. Test it with minimizing the App (it reverses).
    Or (with open App Catalog) go to the lock screen (on/off-Button). Same effect.
    Problem is gone now !
  2.    #22  
    Additionally some more problems are 'introduced' with this silent App Catalog Update:
    Inside the app Catalog pictures for many Programs are missing and some programs are producing an 'install-error'. I find so far 2 : Sky Patrol demo and Crazy Birds 2.0 free
    Work's now !
    Last edited by simossoft; 08/26/2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: correction
  3.    #23  
    Additionally all old PDK-Games (like Dungeon Hunter, Dead Runner and all this stuff) are screwed. Looks like their Download is corrrupt or the App Catalog update kills the PDK-Games Compatibilty.

Please test this for Confirmation with an old PDK App on your Touchpad and an new downloaded one (Use Dead Runner, it's free). On my system Dead Runner starts in the wrong orientation !
    Problem persists !
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I had Avatar and Super KO working on my 16gig TouchPad and after I upgraded to a 32gig TouchPad 2 days ago these two apps are not working anymore. I'm pretty sure the HP webOS team is currently working on this issue.
    Nope!! They are to busy updating their resumes!
    Worked!
    I copied the file into the dead runner directory and it's still staying with portrait view. But the bird program finally installed successfully.
    Was there any more info about this? I had dead runner previously on another touchpad and it worked fine in landscape mode, now on this newer touchpad I'm stuck in portrait mode. Even after copying the file as had been indicated above. Any other advice on how to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdclover View Post
    I copied the file into the dead runner directory and it's still staying with portrait view. But the bird program finally installed successfully.
    Tried this yet?

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3104604
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Yes I copied the metadata.json file from Angry Birds into the dead runner directory, after deleting and reinstalling the game. After that when it didn't work, I deleted and reinstalled it again, copied the file, rebooted, etc and it still shows up portrait. Just to make sure I opened up the metadata file and mine was slightly different than yours, instead of 101 in the [], mine had 102,701. I've since changed it to 101 and now it works fine. Thanks for your help.
    For anyone that experienced these issues, delete the app and re-download. Things should have been fixed over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Mine doesn't work...
    Mine either. After my App Catalog updated Saturday (or might have been early sunday?) It comes up as blank white screen for me everytime. I've restarted and even doctored my TP 3 times to no avail. I have NO access to download anything new... Worked with 3 reps on the HP Butler service yesterday and they escalated to level 4 support. Waiting for a callback from them today hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by jwleung View Post
    For anyone that experienced these issues, delete the app and re-download. Things should have been fixed over the weekend.
    How do you delete the App Catalog?!? I tried to do that and in the Software manager I get an error stating "This app cannot be deleted." I'm running webOS v3.0.2.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwleung View Post
    not fixed yet :-(
    Hi there, I'm a new Touchpad owner and I've a problem with the App Catalog:
    I can't buy any Apps.

Is this an App Catalog 5.0.1600 issue?

best regards
    all old PDK-Games (like Dungeon Hunter, Dead Runner and all this stuff) are screwed. Looks like their Download is corrrupt or the App Catalog update kills the PDK-Games Compatibilty.

Please test this for Confirmation with an old PDK App on your Touchpad and an new downloaded one (Use Dead Runner, it's free). On my system Dead Runner starts in the wrong orientation !
    yes, the new update broke many non-touchpad games that worked just fine on the touchpad.
    angry birds seasons, dead runner, glow hockey, etc
    the full screen games are locked into portrait and the "phone" ones are locked into a corner.

the same games worked fine before the update--had to reset one of my tp and then re-install the games= all broke.

update
    just checked and they seem to be working no.
    Last edited by Strodtbeck; 09/03/2011 at 09:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdclover View Post
    sometimes the "portrait app" thing is because the file "appinfo.json" should read like the following, the last line uirevision if missing can cause "portrait/phonemode".

{
    "id": "com.mycompany.myappname",
    "version": "1.0.0",
    "vendor": "My Company",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "title": "My App Name V1.00s",
    "icon": "icon.png",
    "uiRevision": 2
    }

if you have to add in uirevision make sure you add a comma on the end of the line above as well.

its also something thats required when using Palm Ares to test touchpad apps with the SDK/Emulator as well or it defaults to "phone view" every time.

this "can/could/might" help or may do exactly nothing for older apps, its failed to help me more times than actually helped, but at least its worked on some things.
    lespedeza likes this.
    anyone having an issue with the app store not opening at all? Seems to have started after latest uberkernal update?
    Sprint Treos 300->600->650->700p
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    ATT Galaxy Skyrocket (current)
    seems worse than app catalog...all my synergy accts have issues, and if I try to 'update them' from the accts menu, I just get the spinning circle forever....any suggestions?
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    yup. Won't open for me today.
    Same here. is it Uberkernel or App Store? It occasionally works on a reboot, but then a couple of hours later it stopped working.
    Well, I tried uninstalling the logger patch and the uberkernel...TP hung while uninstalling the uberkernel. Guess I need the Dr?
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast