Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By llamabox
  1.    #1  
    I just installed Uberkernel and Govnah for my Touchpad, but don't see any options for 1.5 g. Any ideas? Thanks
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    If you didn't, go into Govnah, hit Profile, and select On DemandTd 1512.
    I just selected ondemand1512 and it looks as if CPU 1 is running at 1.5Ghz and CPU 2 is at 0, while I'm not in Govanah, However when viewing Govanah it only shows 192Mhz on CPU 1 an still 0 on CPU 2. Is that normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrxblanchard View Post
    I just selected ondemand1512 and it looks as if CPU 1 is running at 1.5Ghz and CPU 2 is at 0, while I'm not in Govanah, However when viewing Govanah it only shows 192Mhz on CPU 1 an still 0 on CPU 2. Is that normal?
    what else are you running? The CPU scales accordingly. And TBH, other than games, I'm not sure what will tax it. Well, flash and videos actually. But my understanding is most of them pause on going into card mode.
    Set Govnah to poll every second. Keep Govnah running in a card, Load up a game... Angry Birds HD won't tax the CPUs a ton, but enough that it will scale up both at times. To really come closer to maxing out the CPUs you need flash videos like Hulu... and then switch back to your Govnah card and look at what CPU1 and CPU2 have been doing...
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    what else are you running? The CPU scales accordingly. And TBH, other than games, I'm not sure what will tax it. Well, flash and videos actually. But my understanding is most of them pause on going into card mode.
    I'm not running anything else, it seems CPU 1 idles at 192Mhz but even if I touch the screen it jumps to 1.5Ghz instantly. Just making sure I didn't miss anything, Thanks.
    CPU 2 (the second core) is only used when absolutely necessary, otherwise battery life would suffer. It's only used when needed (3D gaming, flash etc). It's good that it shows CPU 2 at 0mhz most of the time.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    didn't want to start a new thread..but is there any reason y I opened up govnah and now it lists palm profile instead of the ondemand1512?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    I just installed Uberkernel and Govnah for my Touchpad, but don't see any options for 1.5 g. Any ideas? Thanks
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    cschaaf likes this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    and on a side note, my audio stopped working when I installed uber. And my screen took a looong time to come back on from standby- switched to warthog.
    I have downloaded, and supposedly installed and uninstalled Govnah at least 5 times now. But I can never get it to show up on the TP anywhere. I have tried over and over to install it, and it says it is installed and it shows the launch button on the install page, but it never launches. I have restarted the TP everytime I download it, but it never shows anywhere on the TP even when I do a search, or look for it anywhere in the Launcher. Please if anyone has any idea of what is going on please advise. I went to the Govnah site, but it is like access a CIA file to find out anything, and impossible to ask as question. Please Help
    I wondered the same thing when I overclocked it. But It works awesome. I spent about 2 hours talking myself into doing the patch and love that I did.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    the kernel is NOT a program.. its just that a KERNEL.. you have to use GOVNAH and select the on-demand 1.5 profile.. works great
    Quote Originally Posted by premoney View Post
    didn't want to start a new thread..but is there any reason y I opened up govnah and now it lists palm profile instead of the ondemand1512?
    If you restart, govnah loads the top profile. If palm is on top and you don't want that profile, if you want ondemand1512 then move it to the top - just grab it and drag.
    I've been scouring the web (well maybe not enough) but my uberkernel keeps reading at 192MHz. What gives??? I tried updating it all but not sure what I'm missing. Showing 0 on cpu2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illlogic View Post
    I've been scouring the web (well maybe not enough) but my uberkernel keeps reading at 192MHz. What gives??? I tried updating it all but not sure what I'm missing. Showing 0 on cpu2.
    I think that is Normal in a resting state , touch 192 and then the back arrow top left
    Quote Originally Posted by premoney View Post
    Even if it is the top profile, if your TP ever has to be reset (Hard restart) due to freeze/lockup it seems to go back to the Palm Default kernel as well.

I've had this happen a couple times, had a program freeze the TP and did the home/power restart and noticed it seeming sluggish, checked Govnah and it was back at Palm Default (1.2Ghz).
    If you restart, govnah loads the top profile. If palm is on top and you don't want that profile, if you want ondemand1512 then move it to the top - just grab it and drag.
    That is not how Govnah works.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals