Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dcbo89
  1.    #1  
    When going through the steps to install Preware, I plugged my TP into my computer, but don't have the option to "Just Charge". All I get is "USB Drive" and "Close" on the TP and the "Found New Hardware Wizard" pop-up on the computer that is looking for a CD. . Any suggestions on how to get the right driver to get the "Just Charge" option? Thanks!
  2. scorpeo88's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #2  
    your computer doesnt have enough power to charge the touchpad. you can only do it with the charger it came with, or an equiv usb charger via a power socket.
  3. #3  
    If you are trying to install WOSQI and Preware, just hit "Close"
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    If you are trying to install WOSQI and Preware, just hit "Close"
    exactly. The "close" button is essentially the "Just Charge" button. Once you have preware installed there is a patch to rename it to "Just Charge".
  5. #5  
    usb3 anyons?
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
  6. avnera's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpeo88 View Post
    your computer doesnt have enough power to charge the touchpad. you can only do it with the charger it came with, or an equiv usb charger via a power socket.
    some computers can output enough amps via the usb socket. you can also use a USB hub that is connected to a power supply.
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

    WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
  7. #7  
    Might be worth noting too that your touchpad might be charging and just not showing the normal charge icon in the notification bar. It will charge a lot slower through usb than it would through a power socket though.

    Check the battery percent, leave it plugged in to usb for an hour or so, and then check it again. It'll probably be up a couple percent.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    exactly. The "close" button is essentially the "Just Charge" button. Once you have preware installed there is a patch to rename it to "Just Charge".
    I struggled with the same problem
    hope to load Preware on my TP (which I love!) shortly
    hope to love it even more after
  9. ac921ol's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #9  
    what is wosqi?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    what is wosqi?
    webos quick install- a must have pc software if you have a touchpad ^^
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by johntash View Post
    Might be worth noting too that your touchpad might be charging and just not showing the normal charge icon in the notification bar. It will charge a lot slower through usb than it would through a power socket though.

    Check the battery percent, leave it plugged in to usb for an hour or so, and then check it again. It'll probably be up a couple percent.
    This is what was happening. It was charging, but didn't show it. Thanks.
  12. #12  
    You computer will charge it if the TP is turned off. I did it the other day in order to install the update (battery was bellow 50%). It takes a bit longer to charge but it does work.
  13. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #13  
    You can use Govnah to monitor your energy usage. Typically as others have stated, you will get BARELY enough power from a computer USB port to charge while using. Most likely you will get enough power to sustain the current level unless you stop using it and let it turn off then you can get a nice charge.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch

Posting Permissions