1.    #1  
    I've noticed a few questions here and there regarding the anatomy like resolution of wallpapers for the tPad. Since I sometimes like to have it my way, I have compiled a sample file to aid in the placement of image elements and cropping, to best suit both portrait and landscape format. For some subjects, it matters especially for designers ...

The template is a TIF-file, due to the formats ability to retain layers and be usable with more than just PhotoShop compatible software. Zip'ed to be accepted as an upload.

For those of you whom couldn't care less to mess about with this, I'll include a JPG-file of the wallpaper ( Mini Ninjas Hiro Wallpapers | HD Desktop Wallpapers ) I chose to have on my tPad for now ready to use.

The template is meant to help placing "critical" parts of an image within the area that is always visible, to avoid silly cropping when rotating the tPad. Sometimes one will only care for either landscape, or portrait and sometimes both.

Feel free to ask questions if this is somewhat alien to you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Good start, but the TouchPad actually does some fancy zooming depending upon the original resolution of the wallpaper. I'll release a set of wallpapers to demonstrate as soon as my latest update to Multi Pane hits the App Catalog.
  3.    #3  
    It's about control. Leaving webOS to the job can yield undesirable results.

The attached image shows for instance how the Just Type field and the System Bar can obstruct some parts of the image, making it look far from it's best.

I've by the way added a modified alignment template that includes the system interior, to give full control of what's cropped and covered in landscape and portrait mode even though it seems to no use to anyone as of yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    I've by the way added a modified alignment template that includes the system interior, to give full control of what's cropped and covered in landscape and portrait mode even though it seems to no use to anyone as of yet.
    It will be of use to me mate, I enjoy making wallpapers for different devices. Not got my touchpad yet but at least I can make sure I will have some decent wallpapers ready for it arriving !