Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rexalbel
  • 1 Post By No1up
  1.    #1  
    I am making this thread for developers who are looking for touchpads. If you are a dev looking for a touchpad post here. Anyone who is willing to sell a touchpad to a developer needs to pm developers and please keep the prices low, these are the people who are going to help make webos better for you. HP is providing no way for developers to get touchpads so we need your help. List your state and publisher name. And devs if you can, promotional codes to those who sell you the touchpad would be a nice trade off

For me, I'm from eclipse software and need a touchpad to create webos apps, I live in Chesapeake. Have no webos apps out, but do have a windows phone app, and many more coming. I would like to make apps for the touchpad if I can get ahold of one.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    this sounds like a GREAT thread! Wish I had one I would GIVE it to you! I only got 2 for me and the wife... my backups got cancelled.
    rexalbel likes this.
    Last edited by daffy4u; 08/25/2011 at 06:08 PM.
    I'm still looking for one. I'm in the UK.

I've developed and published 6 apps for Pre and Pre2, with stuff for Pixi and Veer 90% complete. I've got a few other apps in various states, some (and one especially) I think could be great on the TouchPad.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Have you guys try emailing the dev relations team, or emailing Kerris maybe?
    I would love to port Dealert and PowerNap to the Touchpad, but I cannot find one to purchase anywhere. I've had 5 orders canceled
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have missed a total of 8 times since the sale began. I am still hoping (via regular refreshes) to get one from HP. If I don't get one it is not the end of the world, I can always ask for people here to beta my apps for me
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I've got a couple of mojo apps in the catalog and I've been playing around with Enyo a bit.

Unfortunately was unable to get a single TouchPad. I teach programming classes at the local community college on the weekends.. this past Saturday was a class day so by the time I got out at 1pm, every store in my area was cleaned out. I have had zero luck finding any online. I'm on the HP "signup list" but I don't have high hopes for that.

I was hoping to get a 32gb model. keeping my fingers crossed something pops up somewhere.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DD007 View Post
    Have you guys try emailing the dev relations team, or emailing Kerris maybe?
    I sent an email to dev relations on Monday morning, not a peep back. Chuq posted that he's trying to secure some pads for devs but so far, nothing. there are a couple of threads on the developer forums with lots of devs trying to find pads. it's a real shame to see so many haven't been able to get hardware when there are soooo many units on eBay.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    If the firesale continues and I happen to obtain a few touchpads I definitely plan on selling them here for a respectable price and not on ebay for a big profit.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Are there any devs in phoenix az looking for touchpads?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    so the only way to develop an app is to have a touchpad? seems like a shame that you cant get the webos installed on a computer or even in a virtual/emulated environment. granted it would not be exactly like the real thing, but i think probably would be a lot more interest if there was a way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    so the only way to develop an app is to have a touchpad? seems like a shame that you cant get the webos installed on a computer or even in a virtual/emulated environment. granted it would not be exactly like the real thing, but i think probably would be a lot more interest if there was a way to do it.
    You don't need a TP to develop an app, it just makes it easier for the developer if they actually have one to better test their app for bugs or even to get a better idea of what features others users would want.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    You don't need a TP to develop an app, it just makes it easier for the developer if they actually have one to better test their app for bugs or even to get a better idea of what features others users would want.
    i see. in the meantime maybe an alternative would be to leverage this forum and recruit some beta testers for their stuff
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Any developers who are looking for a touchpad who live in phoenix az, please PM me.
    Last edited by cjf243; 09/28/2011 at 01:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    bump
    You can develop apps in the emulator, but it's behavior is totally different as there is no graphics accelleration, from what I recall.
    https://developer.palm.com/

right there on the front page, the first thing you see is this link:
    https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html

anyone can download it.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06